EXPOSURES: Opinions and denials...

I hate people with no respect for art, ripping it is neither here nor there... it has both bad and good effects. But doing it badly is an insult to the band. i could have done a better job humming the songs into a dictaphone than those assholes.

Anyway, on a more positive note:

The live disc is extremely good too, not seen live damage so its new to me, but it is a great set with a good sound.

Hearing older songs live with the diamond hard Damage Done sound is very cool indeed :)

rahvin said:
this sucks. :mad: i didn't need to download the leaked version, so i haven't. but i was hoping for something more professional from one of the popular groups of releasers. it is debatable whether the spreading of mp3s prior to the release date does any harm to sales, but poor rips are certainly a bad thing. let's hope a proper rip will appear in a while.
i must have more damaged ears than hopkins, because i couldn't tell any major errors in the rip.. it's done by UBE, i think they are at least fairly popular.. and i'm sure another rip will appear from a major release-group.

np: static

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
It has rather a lot of scuzz and clipping. But then I'm an audio engineer in training so... I'd notice :)
that's interesting. as in: most of the mp3s i download, especially the "official" releases that are also listed on websites, sound perfectly ok to me and i often consider them as identical to the original. are you saying the trained ear can actually hear some clipping on them too, and that virtually all rips online are somehow flawed? :eek:

Well i've said this before... but...

Actual cd quality is 4 times the best ripping quality. So its enevitable that some errors will creep in.

I'd say that if one spent much time at all training their ear they'd begin to notice things all over the place.

I.e. I recently noticed an out of tune guitar on an old katatonia song I'd never noticed anything wrong with before.