Extol

BRI

Dec 30, 2004
So apparently they're the support on the European tour. I've heard of them once or twice (mentioned in a metalcore thread) - what are people's opinions on them?

Every album they released is different. The new album is softer than anything they ever released.
Let's not forget that Opeth did a tour with Extol 2 or 3 years ago.

Extol Died when they made synergy, they are really talented but everything after undecieved was really bad.

Saw them with Opeth on the last tour,good liveband.
The old stuff is death bordering on black metal(musically at least;-) ),the last 2 are a bit different with some new influences.

The new album is genius if you give it a chance, it's way softer than anything else they've done but I'll be damned if that singer doesn't have one of the best voices I've ever heard. At times he sounds like the guy from Darkane when he does harsh vox.

Extol was one of the first bands that I listened to that I felt came anywhere near to Opeth's music. Not sure why, and i'm not saying they sound anything like them, though. I think they're very talented, and shit on any other Christian music out there.

Storms of Disillusion is THE first death metal song I ever heard and I was like, "wtf man the guys voice is all argglly, whats up with that", but eventually I got into them. Undeceived is really their only great album, where they actually had varied songs and decent riffs. Synergy got on my nerves because the vocals blow, but the guitar playing is pretty svelt. The Blueprint Dives is just ridiculous...I mean if you play Inferno and Pearl back to back...dammmmnnnn. It may be a decent cd, but I just can't accept what the band has become over two records. They may not be a "nu-metal" band, but they lost most of their original members and now they have "nu-metal" guitarists, and that just breaks my balls. Finally, the lead singer looks like a transvestite swamp creature...:err: