Face Off 3: In Flamez vs. Dark Tranquility

Who is the most melo death of them all?

• Total voters
^ disagree, Stane is one if not the best frontman in terms of live performance. he will be in the crowd sharen' the mic at every concert during their set.

In flames, although the amount of shit they've been releasing almost made me vote for DT. 90's In Flames was amazing, very enjoyable records, Colony and Whoracle are my favorites.

I've seen both bands several times in recent years and despite the fact that DT's recent material is less uninteresting than IF's, IF is just so much tighter and powerful live, DT can't touch that. Just not. It's not the effort they make onstage, DT put a lot of passion in, so it seems, but IF are a fucking machine.

I also have seen them both live... IF destroys the stage that's for sure. Maybe it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. They played a lot of old stuff, even Dead God in Me and they were fuckin machines as mentioned before. DT is just ok on stage.

In Flames did have some great albums back in the day, like The Subterranean EP through Clayman. The rest of their albums go from just okay to a total disgrace, with especially Soundtrack to Your Escape and Come Clarity being absolutely HORRIBLE (their last album I actually didn't find to be all that bad, surprisingly). Dark Tranquillity, on the other hand, have never put out a bad album. Easy decision for me.

Regarding In Flames, I liked the last album quite a bit, which surprised me after some of the reviews I had read saying it was commercial mall metal cheese. I really have not noticed a noticeable progression with Dark Tranquility over their last few albums though, and the Gallery is the only album that pulled me in from beginning to end. So I choose In Flames, but their back catalog is so inconsistent from album to album.

IF all the way...I don't give a shit how gay In flames got and how true DT are still...We are the Void is one mediocre album, they need to change or quit. In Flames are poppy now but at least it's different. And when I compare In Flames Classics to DTs classics...In Flames are not as technical or progressive and advanced as the DT dudes but Nothing can top Whoracle, Jester Race, Lunar STrain, Colony and CLayman...Even R2R kicks ass!

Fiction, Character and We are the Void are highly overrated. And yeah DT has never made an album as bad as Soundtrack but IN FLAMES WE TRUST! : )

I cannto vote.
I like DT's 'Skydancer' and 'The Gallery', as well as In Flames' 'Lunar strain' and 'Subterrenean' too much to vote one of them only. Nowadays I'm not anymore into In Flames so much, but still listen to DT or at least I did till 'Charachter', but live they're still great.

I just found out that Jesper left the group. Wasn't he the last original member?

Really tough call. For nostalgic purposes, I'd have to go with In Flames. To this day, The Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony are still amazing albums. Clayman isn't too shabby either. But in terms of consistency, I'd go with Dark Tranquillity. They really don't have any albums that are "weak."

But while DT have been consistently putting out strong albums from the beginning, I'm not sure they've topped the best albums In Flames have given us. So I'm gonna have to go with In Flames here. Doesn't feel right though.