Face Off: 1. Megadeth vs. Metallica

Who is the most m/ worthy of them all?

• Total voters
Great album, but in terms of influence and the time, Kill Em All takes the cake. One of the best Speed Metal albums out there.

to bad the drummer never played fast and tight at the same time.
metalica for me.
who knows, if they would have hired a drummer instead of a 4/4 rhythm keeper with a set of pots they might have been really good.
I cant stand Dave´s voice. James´s is just bad from the black album onwards.

Metallica for me, even though I am a big fan of both bands. Metallica has simply 'meant' more for me than Megadeth. Ride/Master/Justice are just epic albums that still stand head and shoulders above pretty much anything out there i.m.o. Iconic band. 'Even' the Load/Reload albums contain fantastic songs with great lyrics. St. Anger and Death Magnetic have little to no value for me though, but neither has any Megadeth record after Youthanasia.

I was watching the 'Arsenal of Megadeth' DVD the other day and the greatness of Rust in Peace hit me once again, an absolute Metal masterpiece.

Next face/off should be Maiden/Priest.

I would also like to point out that Metallica did some good covering bands like Diamond Head and Blitzkrieg. Also that midget had a NWOBHM compilation in the late 80s I believe. Plus the connection with King Diamond didn't hurt either. They helped a lot of bands get noticed in the USA, and even if you hate Metallica, you should respect them for that.

One of the worst damn topics in music imo. Most Megadeth fans have some agenda against Metallica, and a lot of people that like Metallica don't even like thrash in the first place (along with having the same issues as other rabid fanboy fanbases i.e. Opeth, Tool), and it really just becomes another excuse to be a dick on the internet. Fuck.

That said, Metallica for sentimental reasons. Don't listen to either much nowadays.

Despite the annoying nature of this argument, I encourage you to keep this going as pretty much any other vs. thread will be better until we turn to comparing toilet paper brands.

when I was in highschool these bands were relevant...now though...I just couldnt give less of a shit.

Of course Metallica always ruled megadeth...although there was a period that I listened to megadeth way more than metallica.

When Metallica turned to shit Megadeth kept putting out shit that was somewhat good...but christ...is there any older news to talk about?

I think this poll should be about:
Which is worse:
someone shitting in your ear?
or someone after shitting in your ear telling you "its a sundae".

on a lighter note my first concert was Slayer, megadeth, anthrax, and alice in chains....saw metallica shortly afterward...I dont remember anything of the "clash of the titans tour" because we smoked a bunch of opium in the bathroom during the opening band....alice in chains...noone knew who they were...and the singer was wearing a dress...I was like..."yea fuck that"..in retrospect I probably shouldve watched them :)

Metallica after "justice for all" just went to shit...
Megadeth I stopped listening to in about 1992-93...then thought deathmetal was much better.

Death: Leprosy...changed my life.

.but christ...is there any older news to talk about?
As predicted the complainers have arrived. Point is to do bands people have heard of at least to start things off, and to keep people participating in the forum. Again feel free to add some ideas for later threads.

edit: And for the love of god ease up on those ellipsis!

Metallica are for sure more successful, "bigger" and accepted by the masses, Megadeth are cool and i actually love "Youthanasia" and they have a huge and fanatic crowd but i think Metallica win the battle, with their early epic albums and the big number of sales i think they're much higher (Sonisphere 2010 flyer?) , maybe a battle with Iron Maiden would be more interesting. Not really listening to neither of these bands for too long now, maybe some Metallica's "Garage Inc." or something,pretty fine stuff there. And i heard Megadeth's latest one a bit and it sounded pretty good!

i can agree with people that metallica is mostly irrelevant after justice, but the same could be said about megadeth after rust in peace (although i enjoy songs from both the black album and countdown to extinction too, not my favorite albums, but ive certainly heard worse)