Face Off 3: In Flamez vs. Dark Tranquility

Who is the most melo death of them all?

• Total voters
This was a hard one.
I went with IF 'cause I listened to them ALOT around the whoracle/colony/clayman years, and because im on their DVD "Used and abused... In live we trust". :p

Nowdays I preffer DT though.

I can give two shits about either of them nowadays, but I'll go with In Flames for the fact that Henke Forss sang on Subterranean, which to me now, is the only redeeming quality of the album. DT...pretty boring live band, I'll agree with that, Projector was the last thing I ever cared for by them because I think Mikael has a great clean voice, but I don't care these days since there is way better metal out there, this stuff just bores the shit out of me.

In Flames Lunar-Clayman were my favorite band but now they just suck. I think DT is more consistent but overall In Flames made a bigger impact on me. I voted for In Flames but if I were given free tickets to IF and DT on the same night I'd choose DT because I like their latest material much more.

Dark Tranquillity. Even though In Flames have good early albums, the latest albums are a joke.

This is really hard for me. I think 'Jester' and 'Whoracle' are better than anything DT have done, but apart from that I'm not sure. I thought 'Fiction' was a great album, and they do have some very good moments. I feel weird voting for a band based on their 1995-1997 era, but I think that's what I'll have to do. So I vote for In Flames, but curse them for what they've done.

Just played the start of 'Clayman' and had to turn it off... then put in 'Whoracle' and rocked out. The difference is UNBELIEVABLE. Old IF stands as one of metal's all time joys.

I have to vote In Flames on this one. Mainly because of this song:

I used to love In Flames like five years ago and still enjoy some of their old records but Dark Tranquillity never "did" anything for me, to bland. And Anders Fridén fucking owned back then.

Last edited by a moderator: