fake anathema

deadhotready

New Metal Member
May 5, 2005
www.greenevening.com
i stumbled upon another band called anathema. the problem is - they wont change the name and their logo is almost identical to the original anathema logo. if anyone wouldnt mind taking the time, please go to www.anathemamusic.tk and post in their forum about the insult they are making towards the true Anathema. thanks.

deadhotready said:
i stumbled upon another band called anathema. the problem is - they wont change the name and their logo is almost identical to the original anathema logo. if anyone wouldnt mind taking the time, please go to www.anathemamusic.tk and post in their forum about the insult they are making towards the true Anathema. thanks.
Done and done...
I wonder can Danny sue (or at least threaten to...sorry it's the American in me :tickled: ) for copyright, especially over the logo which is so obviously a rip off it's pathetic. :hotjump:

and you're posting this here why??

anathema could just sue them of course but that would be a bit odd, because they werent the first to use that bandname either...so i guess they aint the TRUE anathema either :tickled:

muppet

Bambi said:
and you're posting this here why??
?? maybe for the same reason many Anathema "fans" post here?...cuz Danny shut down Anathema's forum

anathema could just sue them of course but that would be a bit odd, because they werent the first to use that bandname either...so i guess they aint the TRUE anathema either :tickled:
maybe that name change they were kicking around a while back will be resurrected :p

MoonsOfJupiter said:
Fuckin' A, they're from Pennsylvania, I should hunt them down and fuck with them.
I'm in Ohio...I'll meet you there...maybe we can show up at one of their shows and throw things at them :headbang:

i cant enter the actual website, all i see is the background of the first page and the logo. which is quite funny. wonder what they sound like and what the band members are called? winny, jimmy, dewie, etc.

Brynjar said:
so are they any good?
I can get into their site and have tried to access the two songs they have posted, but with no success. They describe themselves as "Anathema has a unique sound and tries to keep away from the cliche genres of rock/emo." For whatever that's worth. I emailed them and asked them to change their name, and here's the reply I received:

"ps im sick of hearing it

jesus , were not out to get anathema, we made that logo awhile ago before we even knew of the band, but we have been getting bitched at and we decided to check them out and yes we are going to change the name just get off our asses

try being polite
or dont email us"

p.s. I was polite!

MoonsOfJupiter said:
Nah, I wouldn't drive hours to see them. Maybe if they happened to be playing at show I was at or sth.

or if they said they had a degree in music or sth :erk: