Fall US tour 2008

I'm getting to see Opeth twice! St. Paul on the 27th and October 8th in Las Vegas.

Anyone been to a show at Myth in St. Paul, MN? Pretty much 100% going to the show. How is the club? Website makes it look like a disco.

I've been to several shows here. While the Myth Nightclub has decent sound and good sightlines, for the most part it is an upscale dance club which gives the place kind of a snooty vibe. During many shows a good portion of the upstairs part is roped off into "V.I.P. sections" where those who can afford it (I'm certainly not one of those) have their own little section to retreat to. Plus the security people there tend to be assholes. Also during shows drinks are on the pricey side...$5.50 for a 16 oz. bottle of domestic beer.

So whenever there are not shows here, it is indeed primarily a disco/dance club with a strictly enforced dress code. So they would not want any longhaired metalheads wearing an Opeth T-shirt.

I think a better place for the show would have been First Avenue in downtown Minneapolis. Opeth played there during the GR tour.

Does anyone know how soon we can expect them to come back to the US? I'm very frustrated that I had to miss them this fall.