"family guy" south park episode

From what I remember of interviews, they hate Family Guy and hate South Park being compared to it, hence this episode as a reaction.

Weird.

I mean, I can imagine the annoyance at being compared, but the humour of stone and parker would indicate they might find FG funny

FG was not as strong when it was initially brought back on air. My humble opinion, however, is that it is now back to full strength and is as caustic (and funny!) as ever. South Park also owns.

American Dad was initially funny, but the stereotypes it bases its laughs on are already tired.

If either of those shows were slipping I think it was South Park. The past few seasons just weren't that good. It seemed like they were just taking something from the headlines, throwing in some jokes they'd already used before, and half-assing the rest of the show. I wasn't even watching it anymore until the new season came on. They seem like they're back in stride with the funny now though.

every show mentioned in this thread > simpsons cuz none of the simpsons episodes can really compare to any of the southpark episodes (except the simpsons halloween specials)
what i really loved about the last 2 episodes of southpark was that all the live action film was taken from cnn news footage of muslims protesting that danish newspaper's drawings
and also how one of the guest characters was bart simpson
i think this was a really late (8 yrs) response to how when they first showed the 1st episode of southpark and everyone said that eric cartman was nothing more than a fat version of bart simpson

I think they all have different aspects to what makes them funny.
Simpsons is more like a sitcom, but in cartoon world
South Park (now) is more about social commentary and how stupid some people react to things( mostly stans dad and then the rest of the stupid small town people)
Family Guy is just random funny stuff with tonnes of 80's references, and a really loose story board as Trey pointed out in the last episode. But fair enough most of FG funny moments aren't always the "interchangable jokes" because the retard episode was really fucking funny. Same with Lois being a cleptomaniac.

Silver Incubus said:
I think they all have different aspects to what makes them funny.
Simpsons is more like a sitcom, but in cartoon world
South Park (now) is more about social commentary and how stupid some people react to things( mostly stans dad and then the rest of the stupid small town people)
Family Guy is just random funny stuff with tonnes of 80's references, and a really loose story board as Trey pointed out in the last episode. But fair enough most of FG funny moments aren't always the "interchangable jokes" because the retard episode was really fucking funny. Same with Lois being a cleptomaniac.

wow.....