"family guy" south park episode

the thing with FG is that yeah, there are a lot of random jokes, but they pull from so many different places. like the ipecac episode, or the "you just got kicked in the nuts" bit...

Babykabob said:
the thing with FG is that yeah, there are a lot of random jokes, but they pull from so many different places. like the ipecac episode, or the "you just got kicked in the nuts" bit...

Yeah i feel even more a geek simply because I was the only one of my friends who knew it was from channel 101.

Whats next, making fun of computerman. How about the burger king thing from the last episode. I didn't find it funny the first time, and family guy doing it kinda made me dissapointed.

I thought the burger king bit was a little late tho...if they had it last season then it woulda been a little more "fresh" I suppose...I still thought it was funny though...

Xorv said:
Simpson's suck

ya i said it...what?!
+1
what makes the simpsons suck so bad is bart
the name "bart" was originally a misspelling of "brat" which most people don't remember
what made the show great (when it first came out more than 15 years ago) was how bart was more evil than any family member in a show that revolved around a family
but what made the show become lame is that it was a cartoon and subsequently there wasn't the psychological change over time that you would see with a child character in a live action show
bart was really only low level semi-evil born in the era before there were any evil characters in any animated shows (except superhero genre)
bart seemed really evil when he was created, but it becomes harder and harder to entertain people where bart's level of evilness makes him look like a nice guy compared to the intense evilness of stewie griffin and eric cartman kinda like how we laugh at the lameness of the horror movies that scared the shit out of people in the 60's

Danallica said:
Family guy is pretty hated amongst other comics, in partiucalr other cartoon comics

check out bout what wikipeida has to say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_guy

One of those guys complains about the artistic integrity of Famly Guy. However if it is crap, then so is The Simpsons, Home Movies, Clone High and especially, South Park. Ren and Stimpy wasn't exactly the Da Vinci of Primetime cartoons either so I don't really know why this guy is complaining.

As far as that South Park episode, it was decent. However getting pissed off cause of constant comparisons to another adult-oriented animated show with similar low-end humor is idiotic (I am sure SP also has much the same audience as FG), quit bitching and write some good episodes.

Sure family guy has many interchangable jokes, but that is its trademark and it works for the show. Most critiques also fail to realise the decent amount of pure situational humour that arises from the show, it is in their and easy to discern but is always overlooked by the haters.

Brood of Evil said:
Family guy sodomizes South Park in every possible orifice... simply put it's more intelligently written comedy.

You've GOT to be joking...right?

Hey, fair enough if you prefer Family Guy to Southpark but in NO way it is even reaching the same league as the intelligence of Southpark.

Family Guy has its hits and misses. FG relies SOELY on the "random" humour and all the jokes are irrelevant to the plot. All it is:
*Familys sitting in the room*
Lois: "Peter, go take out the mail"
Peter: "Remember the time I took out the mail with Mike Tyson while not wearing any underpants?"

*Cuts to a random ass scene*

Its just shit like that. Over and over and over, for the whole episode. I admit I like a few Family Guy episodes, but for the most part its just....random. Random in the sense its just annoying. I hate people who say shit like "Oh and the yellow elephant was crazy on softdrink because his feet were sore" and just random for the sake of random, its lame.

Southpark on the other hand, have great social commentary in their episodes but also remember their roots of immature fart/shit humour, and they're balanced so well. Southpark did take a dip in overall quality once they hit mainstream but Season 8, 9 and now 10 are all excellent. (Season 9 being my favourite of all seasons)

Southparks better then ever. I can understand Trey/Matts frustration to having their show (Which is written very well) be compared to Family Guy. And LOL at the 2nd "Cartoon Warz" episode when they revealed the writers of Family Guy. It all makes sense...

the only more recent episode of South Park that I've seen was absolutely HORRIBLE! The kids go to Iraq for some reason, and the majority of the jokes are based around Muslims saying things like "DURKA DURKA!" and behaving like terrorists. Just like that Team America, it was a complete waste of time and not funny at all.

Family Guy, on the other hand, fucking blows my face off nearly every episode with its combination of pure stupidity, some awesome wit and all kinds of references that I probably miss most of. Different styles of comedy, and to each his own. I'm not going to try to say that one is more intelligently written, and even if I did side with Family Guy on that point, I'd totally respect anyone who thought South Park deserved it more. No two people are going to have the exact same understanding of what constitutes intelligent writing in comedy, and this, to me, is proven by examples like the difference of my opinion from the guy above me.

^^ ohhhh dude that episode is way old, I forget which seasons that from. (5? 6?)

If you have spare time go download season 9, seriously! (Its excellent)

did u see the episode with hooked on monkey phonix that was funny it had dio in it also playing holy diver at the dance