Fancy some old Opeth?

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Well too bad, you get this instead:

It's an old demo from a Swedish band called Athela who were fusing the cooler parts of Opeth, Katatonia and Anathema at the time. Found it while rummaging through my old music collection.

Thought those of you who were slightly horrified by the new Opeth, like myself, would enjoy a look into the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same reaction when I first heard Scar Symmetry's "Symmetric in Design" album and thinking they were a Soilwork knockoff. Looking back, there are similar elements, but still clearly different bands. But this.... oh my. haha. I still like it though. It's like they keep classic Opeth alive. haha

Always thought if I wanted to listen to old Opeth.....I can just listen to older Opeth? Not a bad band though. Guess its good for those who wanted Opeth to stay the same forever. Actually, I'm sure there are countless carbon copy bands who stay with the same exact style as someones favorite band before said band grew and matured.

Digging it, thanks for the recommendation, definitely a Morningrise vibe going on. I also dig the new Opeth song. Can't wait to hear the whole record.