Fav Maiden Song

GoMaiden

New Metal Member
Nov 30, 2005
There are so many but a few always stand out IMO. Each and every Maiden release has it's own 'classics' but a few in my mind stand out.
Hallowed will always be number one.....As Dave Murray says
"It's a flat-out rocker"
POTO....enough said
The Duellists
Flight of Icarus
Dance Of Death
Rime.....Mariner
The version of The Clansman on "Rio" is fantastic.

Too many to mention but we all have our favorites. Just glad that so many ppl still love true hvy mtl.

Up the Irons......Hammers Rule!!!!!!!!!!

Take care

:hotjump: My top 5 are

1. Wasted Years
2. Flight Of Icarus
3. The Trooper
4. No More Lies
5. Revelations

And anything else by Maiden, but its at least these are in the Top 10

Can't wait until tomorrow night !!!

And for metallicat if I remember i will post the list sometime sunday (as long as i'm not too wasted)

:headbang:

RouxBodine said:
Murders In the Rue Morgue, bar none.

Great choice and I love your av!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Vyvyan - "First we're going to have sex with the headless corpse of the virgin astronaut"

Rick - "Ugh, won't the carpet get awfully sticky?!?"

Vyvyan - "It's a video nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rick - "It's a carpet, farty!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahahahahaha - I love The Young Ones!!!! :worship:

Metallicat180 said:
Great choice and I love your av!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Vyvyan - "First we're going to have sex with the headless corpse of the virgin astronaut"

Rick - "Ugh, won't the carpet get awfully sticky?!?"

Vyvyan - "It's a video nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rick - "It's a carpet, farty!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahahahahaha - I love The Young Ones!!!! :worship:

Thanks!

I find so few people know of the Young Ones and even fewer enjoy them as much as I do.

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Stranger in a Strange Land
Fear of the DARK(Live)
Journeyman
Blood Brothers.....to name a few....

RouxBodine said:
Thanks!

I find so few people know of the Young Ones and even fewer enjoy them as much as I do.

I can think of a few other people who love them over your way!!! ;) Metallica thank them in the Master Of Puppets booklet! :loco:

In all honestly I prefer Rik and Ade's other series Bottom, but The Young Ones is still funny! Nasty is my favourite episode (if you can't tell!). I modelled my Halloween costume this year on Vyvyan. :headbang:

Depends on the mood ,wouldn't you say...

If I am in a high minded spiritual mood " Heaven Can Wait" would be a good choice...If I am stressed to the max at work and someone needs to die...then "Aces High" - (Children of Bodom's version) would be one my favorite Maiden tunes... This listening done on headphones of course. Not ready to visit the unemployment line.

RouxBodine said:
Murders In the Rue Morgue and Burning Ambition.

we've got a di'anno fan here, folks! :headbang: :worship:
i tend to like the lyrics of "burning ambition" better than the song itself. the riffs are a bit average-sounding to me.

'80 Remember Tomorrow
'81 Killers
'81 Prodigal Son
'82 Hallowed Be Thy Name
'88 Infinite Dreams

damn, that hurt. that really, really hurt! :yell:

I actually edited my post last night to add Burning Ambition. I decided to switch out the CDs in my car yesterday and figured I would fill the holder with Maiden. When I opened my re-release of the first album I saw the bonus CD inside and at that time remembered how much I liked Burning Ambition. Now with all that good music to choose from, the hard part is deciding which to listen to.

:dopey: