Fav solo, Opeth or otherwise

Oh yeah, I ended up transcribing the Trains solo by ear... even though at the time I didn't like PT, I found that solo really cool. Since then though I've really liked the track (and most of In Absentia too).

All solos on Remedy Lane, The perfect Element and One hour by the conrete lake, buttwipes.

PoS rule

In Flames - Only For The Weak
I love the sound in that solo, it's great. But actually it's not my fav solo. My fav solo must be one of Opeth's solos.

Dream Theater - Erotomania, Voices, Overture 1928, Beyond this life, Under a glass moon, Learning to live, A Change of seasons, Trial of Tears, Scarred, Blind Faith

Metallica - Am I Evil?, Fade to Black, Blackened, Orion, Disposable Heroes

Pain of Salvation - Second Love, Dryad of the woods, Used

Opeth - A fair judgement, Deliverance

King Crimson - Starless

Porcupine Tree - Trains(as Mikael would say "beau - ti - ful!"), The sound of muzak, Signify, Shesmovedon

Psychotic Waltz - Into the everflow(okay, actually it's two guitars soloing intertwined)

Opeth - Leper Affinity, Forest Of October, many more
Devin Townsend - Deep Peace, Away
Psychotic Waltz - Into The Everflow (the last 3 or so minutes)
Anacrusis - Dream Again (double solo fun)

The "Hangar 18" solos. hearing them for the first time back in '90 ellicited responses like, "huh?" and "what the fuck?" and they are still pretty awesome.

Some favs have to be:

Agalloch - Hallways Of Enchanted Ebony
Maudlin of the Well - Blight Of River Systems
Kalmah - Heroes To Us
Shadows Fall - The Light That Blinds
Mars Volta - Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus

Nevermore - Engines Of Hate (incredible!)
Arch Enemy - Burning Angel (First Solo by Mike)
Nevermore - Inside Four Walls
Opeth - The Drapery Falls
Arch Enemy - Ravenous (this fast line by Chris is fucking awesome!)

There are also some great Soilwork solos and of course what Matthias Eklundh did with Fate!

Pain Of Salvation solos are great, too and don't forget Dream Theater!