Fave vacation place???

sol83

Jun 15, 2002
Greece
Ok... it's been a while since me last thread so I thought I should put a new one up..... So where's heaven located in your opinion? For me it's anywhere but here really.... I'm sick of the fuckin' concrete that has pretty much made this place so ugly. Norway was a killer last summer though.....

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE!!!!!!!!!

Why? Because there are nice people over there :)
Greeets to Sophia, Dwra, Giorgos & Alexandra!!!! You guys rule!!! :)

Well last summer my heaven was where I roamed and wherever I laid my head was home :D but mostly I fell in love with Greece and Italy (Verona, beauuuuuutiful place). So I might be heading somewhere there next summer. So faaaaaar away (next summer, that is). :cry:

One city doesn't make the whole country, does it? I've visited Athens only for a couple of hours, didn't live bad taste to my mouth. But I love places like Crete (Chania) and like.. why would Athens affect my admiration for such places?

So you can bet I'll be coming back some day :hotjump: :D

I sure try to. The best case scenario for the next summer would be me gettin into some school so I could quit my work around june/july and hopefully with enough money to travel around 'till school starts... wooohoo, now wouldn't that be just perfect! :Smokin:

or you may register to a private uni. in Istanbul.In my school for ex, there are some Norwegian fellas that you may easily get connected...
well just an 'off-thought'.
:)

You're right, that is always an option :D though I don't see myself going to study in some foreign country anytime soon... At the moment too much stuff to leave behind for such a long time.
Still I like to picture myself as a hobo touring the world around not worrying too much about anything.. :)

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
Well last summer my heaven was where I roamed and wherever I laid my head was home :D but mostly I fell in love with Greece and Italy (Verona, beauuuuuutiful place). So I might be heading somewhere there next summer. So faaaaaar away (next summer, that is). :cry:

Make a stop in Switzerland! ;)

Originally posted by Eos
Make a stop in Switzerland! ;)

I've been all around Switzerland... Zurich, Bern, Lucern, Lausane, Geneva... Very, very nice!!! But the dual language thing must be a pain in the ass... I really don't get it. Same in Belgium. It's one country, it should be one language. Anyway....

Originally posted by sol83
I've been all around Switzerland... Zurich, Bern, Lucern, Lausane, Geneva... Very, very nice!!! But the dual language thing must be a pain in the ass... I really don't get it. Same in Belgium. It's one country, it should be one language. Anyway....

Bern and Lucerne are the nicest cities here :)
Well.... actually there are four official languages not two ;) but German and French are the most spoken ones.. The only thing that is a pain in the ass is that as a german speaking you are forced to learn French in the school and also the other way round. Well still some (like me *gg*) made it to learn a language for nine years and still not being able to speak it.. sad actually

Originally posted by sol83
Exactly what i'm talking about. It's simply stupid!!!

Well not *that* stupid. If they would make only one language the official one (like German since the most people are german speaking) then you would make about half of Switzerland bit angry. The people from French speaking part often feel suppressed by the german part when it´s about some political stuff (mostly the german part is "against" and french part "for" :rolleyes: ). I mean this four-official-language thing (and other similar stuff) made it to keep four different peoples with two different religions stand together for hundreds of years.. There are not many countries where that is working (unfortunatelly) :(

By learning a language you also learn a big part of a culture and that helps you understand the people around you better. Not only considering the conversations but also the kind of them.