Votes: 23 14.2%
  • Delain

Votes: 28 17.3%
  • Tarot

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Hammerfall

Votes: 16 9.9%

• Total voters
this was probably the best show i have ever been to. I really dont know who to pick, they almost all had sets that could have been the best, but I think I am going to go with Kamelot, even though seventh Wonder and DGM were unreal, Tarot was so much fun (I mean Freak Kitchen fun), and Leaves' Eyes just slayed. this for me is going to be the ProgPower that all other ProgPowers are compared to.

Oceans of Sadness for me, but then coming in with low expectations, then having them really raise the bar for the rest of the night tends to do that.

saw two songs on friday, and missed almost all the acoustic set. Cant get into it. I dont see how a prog band can get away with not moving on stage?

EDIT: SEVENTH WONDER..... nice to see i didnt even include the band name! lol

I'm voting for Seventh Wonder because they are the one "new to me" band this year that just totally stood out above the rest. I can tell they are going to become one of my new favorites.

As for some of my old favorites Kamelot, Hammerfall, Nocturnal Rites, Leaves Eyes they put on a great show and did not disappoint.

Also thrilled to have been introduced to Storm Warrior, Blackguard, Tyr, Tarot.

Seriously, I think this year had the best PP lineup yet.

-Nate

Seventh Wonder exceeded all expectations which (for me at least) were high to begin with!

kingworship.gif

Accept but if we are choosing Fri & Sat bands then Oceans of Sadness

DGM, Seventh Wonder, and Kamelot (Michael, Jake, Elize, and Charlotte fucking ruled!)

Tyr, Tarot, Kamelot, Accept, in no particular order.....also Leprous, and what I saw of OoS, Nocturnal Rites and 7th Wonder.
Due to my bum knee I spent more time this year either sitting in the lobby watching the show on the screen, or (rarely) watching from the seats when I was able to pick my way to an easy open one. This year those treacherous stairs really scared me. :(