Favorite Bedroom Metal?

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
Bedroom metal being those one man bands, where they pretty much record and produce the album single handedly in their bedroom/basement studio. The great thing about bedroom metal is the creative and stylistic freedom it enjoys. Although, there are a lot of mediocre one man black metal bands, when someone talented starts recording music solo, without other band members to either supress or change ideas, we sometimes get some amazing music, and think how the FUCK did they come up with that?

So what are your favorite bedroom metal bands?

My faves would be:

Kushantaiidan (Me! Yay! Self promotion. Mediocre CHEESY black metal.. >.< Actually it's horrible, keep away.)
Devon Townsend with Ziltoid etc.
Mirrorthrone
Apotheosis
When Day Descends

Nice thread title. Coldworld are the only band I can think of atm. ^Don't think Neige did it all in the basement, though he is so insanely good I wouldn't be surprised. Dso? We don't even know all the members let alone where they work haha.

i think later edge of sanity is a solo project, isnt it? got pretty cool tracks.

Neige is THE man!

I only discovered mirrorthrone a few days ago. Im currently very blown away by it..

It was mirrorthrone that made me make this thread. haha.

Didn't know Woods Of Ypres was a 1 man band at first! First i heard of em was on the UM compilation. That was a pretty cool cd. =D Dave Caswell from When Day Descends was on there as well, as well as chris brown... Ahh the old days. I miss those guys. >.<

What is Coldworld like?

Thiestru!

Sorry, I figured if the op could self-promote, why can't I? Thiestru isn't bedroom metal, though - I wrote and recorded everything in my living room! =P

Anyway, I happen to like the obvious choices, like Xasthur and Leviathan, and of course Burzum. Draugar has its moments, but not many of them, and Crebain ain't too bad. Is it a coincidence that all those bands are Californian? Well, I'll just use that as a segueway to more California black metal (though not one-man) and say that Weakling fucking destroys!

Done ranting now.

A hell lot of BM-bands. But my fav is probably Windir. Valfar recorded (as far as I know) the whole Arntor-album in his bedroom.