Bedroom black metal

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Black metal as a genre is getting very interesting again. I have not listened to much BM since the mid 90's but recently started getting back into it again. There is some phenomenal stuff out there.

plaguewilder said:
Nothing could be farther from the truth. Black metal as a genre is getting very interesting again. I have not listened to much BM since the mid 90's but recently started getting back into it again. There is some phenomenal stuff out there.
You're named after Darkthrone's second worst album. Your opinion is null and void.

Cynical said:
You're named after Darkthrone's second worst album. Your opinion is null and void.
It could be because it's past four in the morning here, but I just laughed out loud. In real life. haha cheers.

EDIT: Also, Black Mayonnaise is just too fucken weird. Don't do it.

Well, it is very easy to produce shitty black metal. Just tremolo pick random power chords, lay down a simple bassline mirroring the guitars, program a simple drum beat, and add some shrieking vocals. This is why there are so many shitty bedroom black metal bands. Of course, it is very hard to make good black metal.

Christie_fell said:
EDIT: Also, Black Mayonnaise is just too fucken weird. Don't do it.

You're gay.

Imagine this, if you will.

Have you heard the Melvins? Particularly their sludge stuff? Well, imagine that at 75% speed AND pitch (that's right...slower AND lower than the Melvins...WHAT BITCH, WHAT?!)...OK now imagine drunken atmospheric keyboard ramblings producing an aura of weirdness not unlike...well, it's really not like much.

OK now imagine possibly Merzbow doing a lo-fi Melvins remix (not as noisy, more sludgy and torturous) with weird, floating keyboards. Forget everything I already told you, this is a better description. Now imagine a dying animal--your choice--providing vocals.

Now picture a guy named Mike Duncan from Akron, OH doing all of that in his bedroom.

Good description and samples!

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You're gay.

Imagine this, if you will.

Have you heard the Melvins? Particularly their sludge stuff? Well, imagine that at 75% speed AND pitch (that's right...slower AND lower than the Melvins...WHAT BITCH, WHAT?!)...OK now imagine drunken atmospheric keyboard ramblings producing an aura of weirdness not unlike...well, it's really not like much.

OK now imagine possibly Merzbow doing a lo-fi Melvins remix (not as noisy, more sludgy and torturous) with weird, floating keyboards. Forget everything I already told you, this is a better description. Now imagine a dying animal--your choice--providing vocals.

Now picture a guy named Mike Duncan from Akron, OH doing all of that in his bedroom.

Good description and samples!

My statement still stands.

Cynical said:

Thats funny because your opinion doesnt mean anything to me. I listen to a ton of BM and there is a lot of it that is amazing......new stuff included. Xasthur, Cult of Daath, Ibex Throne and many many more. Get over your little elitist attitude and stop acting like you are better than others.......