Favorite books

m0rtis said:
I need to buy a good book to read these days. But I can't decide which? any recommendations? i like dystopic type books, like 1984 and etc.
"fahrenheit 451" by ray bradbury

you will probably like it if you enjoy "1984" and "brave new world"

Erik said:
"fahrenheit 451" by ray bradbury

you will probably like it if you enjoy "1984" and "brave new world"

cool, I've checked my library and i've found Fahrenheit 451! =) so i'll start as soon as possible =)

theres far too many favourite books of mine to mention but i will say that the most refreshing book from modern times is The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time. I'd seriously reccomend it as a fantastic piece of capturing modern literature.

daz436 said:
theres far too many favourite books of mine to mention but i will say that the most refreshing book from modern times is The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time. I'd seriously reccomend it as a fantastic piece of capturing modern literature.
Ha, I read that one too.
Especially in the beginning (when you're not used to the boy's behaviour) it's very 'fun' to read

Check out Huysmans books....awesome, I'm just looking for people who would like to discuss about them.Really worthy to read.

Oh well, it doesn't sound good at all after Kafka, but my fave book is Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" (has nothing to do with that crappy movie they show us on TV). And also two my favourite authors are Claes Holmström and Per Hagman. I don't think these names will tell anything to the majority, but anyway. And yeah, I agree with Sadguru, Paulo Coelho is the shit.

some books i just learnt to love:
brave new world - huxley
fahrenheit 451 - bradbury
tropic of cancer - miller
azteca (gary jennings, a cool portrait of pre-conquest mexico)
at the mountains of madness - lovecraft
catcher in the rye - sallinger
also spracht zarathustra - nietzsche
das parfum - süskind
the satanic verses - rushdie
canek - (cant remember, mexican author, read it when i was a kid)
mayan epic

oh I am so mainstream!!!:headbang:

The entire Masters of Rome series by Colleen MacCullough. Great reads all.
MOst of the other stuff I read are sports auto/biographies like Out Of My Comfort Zone - Steven Waugh, my latest read. great insight into the Australian cricket teams of the past two decades.

All of the Harry Potter books
LoTR ofcourse
Anything from George Orwell
Books with theory's like from Plato etc
And so many other stuff, honestly too much to say :)