Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fangface

Child of the Damned
Jan 25, 2002
France
www.fangface.com
First, the obligatory poll for cover arts :loco:
My vote goes to Book of the Dead, the digipack version looks so wicked! Booklet included. I also like Messiah and Unseen covers a lot, unlike Into the Void.

Secondly, I got a question about SP cover arts : Why is there oftenly a figure holding something "sacred" or illuminated in its hands? (A sword on GP, some light on Messiah, an Earth-type crystal ball on Unseen, a fireball on Beware...) Is there a link between them or a special meaning behind that? A connection with the bandname (prophet) or something?

On to the covers :

InnerAscendance.jpg
goddessprinciple.jpg
continuum.jpg

intothevoid.jpg
dh.jpg
messiah.jpg

Genesis.jpg
steelbod.jpg
unseen.jpg

STEELPROPHET_B.JPG
eyesoftheprophet.gif

Bonus : Lately I found the original (and actually different) illustration of Unseen, done by Ken Kelly (of Manowar fame), check this out : http://www.kenkellyart.com/home/Art-Gallery/Gallery-Two/8/default.htm -> pic n° 68

Hey Fangface,
I dig "Messiah" the best myself. About your question; at first I didn't even notice it, but then it was pointed out to me by Jon Pons. To explain it now though, you have to realize the concept of Steel Prophet has a deep spirituality about it and the art is reflecting that in the characters holding up their arms to the heavens or a sancrosanct object...

Fangface said:
First, the obligatory poll for cover arts :loco:
My vote goes to Book of the Dead, the digipack version looks so wicked! Booklet included. I also like Messiah and Unseen covers a lot, unlike Into the Void.

Secondly, I got a question about SP cover arts : Why is there oftenly a figure holding something "sacred" or illuminated in its hands? (A sword on GP, some light on Messiah, an Earth-type crystal ball on Unseen, a fireball on Beware...) Is there a link between them or a special meaning behind that? A connection with the bandname (prophet) or something?

On to the covers :

InnerAscendance.jpg
goddessprinciple.jpg
continuum.jpg

intothevoid.jpg
dh.jpg
messiah.jpg

Genesis.jpg
steelbod.jpg
unseen.jpg

STEELPROPHET_B.JPG
eyesoftheprophet.gif

Bonus : Lately I found the original (and actually different) illustration of Unseen, done by Ken Kelly (of Manowar fame), check this out : http://www.kenkellyart.com/home/Art-Gallery/Gallery-Two/8/default.htm -> pic n° 68

Hey Fangface, awesome question.....................Messiah, Beware are probably my faves for artwork, but I love purple/blue tones so anything with that draws me.......I do have a fondness for the earlier demo stuff, because I like the feel of plain ol black and white. Gives like a creepy edge. :headbang:

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Fangface,
I dig "Messiah" the best myself. About your question; at first I didn't even notice it, but then it was pointed out to me by Jon Pons. To explain it now though, you have to realize the concept of Steel Prophet has a deep spirituality about it and the art is reflecting that in the characters holding up their arms to the heavens or a sancrosanct object...
Good answer, good answer!! ;)

Love "Messiah", "Into The Void", but "Book Of The Dead" calls me :D

And my preferred backcover is "Beware"

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Fangface,
Thanks for the answer Steve, makes sense.

False%20Prophet.JPG
;)

Wyvern said:
And my preferred backcover is "Beware"

Gee, I wonder why? :p

My fav cover is between BOTD and Messiah... the first because it looks sinister and the second because of it's beauty.

I also like the artwork for eyes of the prophet... very cool! Wish I was able to grab one of those vinyl!

Fangface said:
Naaaah, Wyv' is not like that :tickled:
pinocchio.gif

LMAO!

Yup... it's gotta be the fire element... what are these breasts you speak of? :Smug:

Ha ha

Very funny laughing at my expenses
et.gif
. Frankly I don't find it amusing at all, it had took me over 38 years to achieve this degree of degeneracy. Nobody gave it to me for free, I had work damn hard for it.
fucking_nanner.gif

Wyvern said:
Ha ha

Very funny laughing at my expenses
et.gif
. Frankly I don't find it amusing at all, it had took me over 38 years to achieve this degree of degeneracy. Nobody gave it to me for free, I had work damn hard for it.
fucking_nanner.gif

Oh sorry, was the laughing out loud????? hehe :loco:

Well I believe you have achieved the degree of degeracy you were looking for. hey, it took 38 years, but you done good, you done good........ You are the MASTER!!!!!!!!!!! We bow to you. :worship:

I'm so touched, finally my mastery is recognized
d045.gif

Gee are we geting silly on this forum?

Wyvern said:
I'm so touched, finally my mastery is recognized
d045.gif

Gee are we geting silly on this forum?

:tickled: quite so! But no worries... I am not an evil witch and thus will not ban silly escapades ;)

Pabla said:
:tickled: quite so! But no worries... I am not an evil witch and thus will not ban silly escapades ;)
Well thank the high heavens, cuz my butt would be booted right outta here!!!!! :loco: