Anyone up for doing a sneap forum Nile cover? :D

WHICH SONG FOO'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah get Dylan to help you out
DI's will be perfect
jeff I have a rough mix and stuff if thats what you need man :)
want me to PM it?

I finally got my bass Set-up with fresh new strings so I'm gonna have a go at it, if Nicholas finishes it that's cool, but gareth said If I could do it so I'll give it a shot anyways, already started learning it out. I'll just record a DI obviously, whoever's mixing can do whatever he wants with it

yeah unfortunately I'm gonna have to bow out of this one. turns out that my 34" scale bass doesn't like a low A as much as I thought it did.

I am sorry for the epic nubness that is about to ensure.

Anyone aware of how to record DI's with a line6 toneport and gearbox, WITHOUT just recording a completely dry signal?

As in, have a nice lead sound to hear, but when you record, you get that good track, plus the DI track? I'd hate to try to track a solo whilst listening to a dry DI tone. :lol:

Yes I know I suck.

Well I'm not sure how the routing would work, but you'd record the DI track, of course, set up an amp sim and boogex on your track and get it to output that but record the dry signal.
As to HOW that would work, fuck if i know.

I know how I could do it using VST plugins, but my latency is so low I get epic fails occurring, and I've tried to adjust it and it just won't.

I could give it another go now that I have more RAM though tbqh.

I am sorry for the epic nubness that is about to ensure.

Anyone aware of how to record DI's with a line6 toneport and gearbox, WITHOUT just recording a completely dry signal?

As in, have a nice lead sound to hear, but when you record, you get that good track, plus the DI track? I'd hate to try to track a solo whilst listening to a dry DI tone. :lol:

Yes I know I suck.

Gearbox uses outputs 1-2 as wet (with gearbox) and 3-4 as dry (without gearbox).

In your daw, create 2 mono audio tracks. Choose output 1 for the first track, and output 3 for the other. Arm both and record :)