Favorite Guitarist?

Snowy White is feloniously underrated. Great player, not a personal favorite, but a great player. John Sykes is cool too, but I prefer his work with Tygers of Pan Tang.

I'd say all of them from when they started the dual harmonies. Gorham/Moore is delicious, same with Robertson. Everyone likes to shit on Snowy White-era Lizzy but Chinatown and Renegade are fucking awesome.

I haven't listened to those much but I imagine they are just as awesome as the others...working on getting all of their 'golden era' albums

Last edited:
Masayoshi Takanaka from Flied Egg (and a billion other things) is an awesome progressive rock/fusion/psychedelic guitarist. Really been getting into his more solo based projects lately.

A-128537-1376676469-7674.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
trey azagthoth is my all-time favourite guitarist. i love his soloing and the originality he brings to morbid angel. other favourites include chuck schuldiner, dimebag darrell, michael amott, jeff hanneman and bill steer.

i personally never liked kirk hammett, i find his playing mediocre. but james hetfield is pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Don't have favorite guitarists/musicians, anyone can play a guitar, if I had to say what are good metal guitarists would go with the guitar players from Mercyful Fate,rythmn lead wise they nail it.