favorite live dvd's and cds?

Live shit B & P was damn good. Kirk saying that shit isn't safe is a classic.

Livecrime kicked ass as well.

But, showing my age here, Song Remains the Same.... Trippy 70's effects, Zep at their collective highlight, and the guitar solo of all solo's. Still one of the most haunting guitar sounds I have eve heard.

Many others, but those are at the top.

you know what DVD sucks?

Ozzy - Live and Loud

The footage is cut up of several concerts put together to the soundtrack of a single concert. The Black Sabbath - The Last Supper DVD is cut the same way and it blows. The only difference is that Black Sabbath is awesome, and Ozzy's solo stuff pretty much blows with perhaps the exception of "Diary of a Madman"

But, showing my age here, Song Remains the Same.... Trippy 70's effects, Zep at their collective highlight, and the guitar solo of all solo's. Still one of the most haunting guitar sounds I have eve heard.

YES! Thats one of the most awesome DVDs ive seen!
The live performance is fucking awesome!
and also, it has someone getting their head shot off!

what more could you want?

MajestikMøøse;5655490 said:
you know what DVD sucks?

Ozzy - Live and Loud

The footage is cut up of several concerts put together to the soundtrack of a single concert. The Black Sabbath - The Last Supper DVD is cut the same way and it blows. The only difference is that Black Sabbath is awesome, and Ozzy's solo stuff pretty much blows with perhaps the exception of "Diary of a Madman"

I quite like Blizzard of Ozz. Live at Budokan is a reasonably good DVD, too.

I'd say it's something to the effect of:

"That... is a nice cock you got there."

12dec01_pic01_Copy.jpg
:lol:

MajestikMøøse;5655231 said:
I like Death In June - Live In Italy 1999
Live In New York is really good too.

Operation Julmond vs. Wappenbund is alright also, even if Wappenbund was basically playing along to backing tracks with a single drum and some bagpipes onstage.

Fields Of The Nephilim - Revelations - Forever Remain - Visionary Heads: huge amount of material, although I don't really like the lameass camera effects on the second set.

haha, I've got a Brighter Death Now DVD that I've never watched more than five minutes of, because whenever I put it on I suddenly lose my appetite for listening to Death Industrial.

Wow someone else knows who Fields of the Nephilim are...I'm not alone after all.

Not sure it qualifies as a great performance, but the "on tour" bits from the Type O After Dark vid are highly amusing. Sadly, I owned this on VHS and as such can no longer watch it.

Death - Live in LA
Pain of Salvation - Be
Savatage - Japan Live
Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio
Dream Theater - Scenes From New York
Depeche Mode - Devotional
Whitesnake - Live in the Still of the Night
AC/DC - Live at Donington