Favorite metal sub genre poll

What is your favorite sub genre of heavy metal?

• Traditional Heavy Metal(Black Sabbath)

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • NWOBHM(Iron Maiden)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Speed Metal(Motorhead)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Power Metal(Helloween)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Thrash Metal(Megadeth)

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Black Metal(Bathory)

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Death Metal(Death)

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Glam Metal/Hair Metal(Motley Crüe/Dokken)

• Doom Metal/Stoner Metal/Sludge Metal/Drone Metal(St.Vitus)

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • General Extreme Metal(Cradle if Filth)

• Total voters
It's interesting how things change over time. I remember I did one of these polls here a few years ago and Death Metal was way out front, followed by Black Metal and then Thrash Metal - Doom Metal got barely any votes that time...

Topic has been done too many times, but anyway, yes, it is BLACK METAL Hail Satan, fuck a goat, drink some blood, etc etc.... Death Metal is for kids who like looking at blood rather than drinking it, Thrash is for kids who haven't discovered blast beats yet, Doom is for stoner kids that care more about plants than music, and Traditional is for people who are 80+ years old....

agreed

I do not think the person means if you like general extreme metal it means you listen to cradle of filth. So I'm not sure why some people are making a big deal out of this. I like Thrash sometimes and never liked Megadeth.

black metal and doom.

Doom in general is a weird term. There's a lot of bands that fall under "doom" (especially like all the female fronted ones) and… they are just sort of different musically from just other doom bands. i often think when something falls in the unclassifiable range of extreme metal but not (or too slow and not heavy to be) black,death or thrash they just lump it into the doom genre even though Candlemass is not similar to Black Math Horseman.

i think doom moreso describes, though. like there's trad doom, psychedelic doom etc.

Doom is just boring slow shit. The last Doom gig I went to I literally almost fell asleep, and my friend asked me: "Why would people want to play (fucking boring-ass) music like this?" I told him it could only be fully appreciated by people on drugs. Fuckin' stoners...

Doom is just boring slow shit. The last Doom gig I went to I literally almost fell asleep, and my friend asked me: "Why would people want to play (fucking boring-ass) music like this?" I told him it could only be fully appreciated by people on drugs. Fuckin' stoners...

I like doom, but feel this ^ way about stoner rock/metal. Which is entirely different IMHO.

Such a bullshit opinion, what's Trouble got to do with stoner shit? Gates of Slumber? Solstice? Witchfinder General aren't even a slow band.