Favorite Michael Pinnella Moment

Jul 24, 2007
Virginia
The man that is always overshadowed by everyone's obsession with Romeo has his own killer moments. My favorite would be the jazzy section in Awakenings.

Don't get me wrong - I love Romeo - but everyone in the band is overshadowed by him (except for perhaps Russ). Lepond, P, and Rullo are all severely underrated.

Yes, that jazzy piano solo in Awakenings is awesome! P’s jazzy lounge solo, Lepond’s walking bass line, Rullo’s simple cymbal jazz beat... just incredible. I’m glad Romeo held back in this section and let the other members shine (he only comes in occasionally with staccato power chords).

Other favorite P moments of mine include Through the Looking Glass (piano before and during the first verse), The Divine Wings of Tragedy (the whole song), and, of course, Communion and the Oracle.

I like Pinnella's piano work on the end of Communion and the Oracle on the Live album and the end of Egypt. I also love his keyboard pads and choirs in The Bird-Serpent War, Accolade II and The Odyssey. I was hoping the keyboards would be louder on Paradise Lost, but I guess Romeo has other ideas.

V- in th whole of its entirity.

i'll always think that album was written FOR pinella to shine.

That album allows every member to shine. DoB is great for showing off Rullo's talent, many moments show off Pinnella, Lepond has his Egypt bass tapping, Romeo has a ton of highlights, and Russ has his awesome chanting parts, and multi-layered vocals. V is just the most varried album and I believe that's 1 reason why many consider it to be their best.

As for my favourite Pinnella moment... hmmm... Awakenings jazz section. It's just so beautiful.

That album allows every member to shine. DoB is great for showing off Rullo's talent, many moments show off Pinnella, Lepond has his Egypt bass tapping, Romeo has a ton of highlights, and Russ has his awesome chanting parts, and multi-layered vocals. V is just the most varried album and I believe that's 1 reason why many consider it to be their best.
Yapp!

i don't think anyone was overshadowed on PL. the mixing was fantastic. everyone gets their own time to shine. (p.s. i think lepond get's more overshadowed in the past than pinnella)

There's some sections on Candlelight Fantasia with awesome keyboard lines.