Favorite Michael Pinnella Moment

yeah i really love LOTEOF i got it along with the damnation game from a buddy as an early christmas gift and boy am i happy :kickass:...the keyboard intro to "The Haunting" is awesome

well ive warmed up to the title track its quickly becoming my favorite song. now that i think of it every second of the song is needed because there are so many riffs/solos etc...@ 17:05 is a really epic keyboard lick followed by Romeo doing it on the axe

I agree with the statements about Dwot being drawn out, but its still a sweet ass song! I means there is yet to be one symphony x song I dislike, and the only one that I found weak way back when was 'The Witching Hour' but it has grown on me and is rather sweet! And the choir intro to Dwot is probably one of the best things they've ever done.

+1 since Allen does all vox for that part quite brilliantly!

The choir part is so awesome also because it provides a nice interesting counterpoint to the rest of the song, so to speak. Coming from a metal band, the first time I heard it I went "Whoa, now where is this going to go from here?" And then the guitars kick in and it just kicks your ass from there. The choral part gives the piece that extra bit of epic, grandiose character that fits perfectly with the song's concept. Just my 2 cents.

one of my favorite moments his synth solo after the much mentioned piano solo on awakenings. First, I love how the piano chords resolve just before it, and then there is this mood change at 6:55, that is one of those moments in music that just absolutely gives me chills. That whole 3 minute portion of that song is just pure genius though.

The soft electric piano part, where the rest of the band drops out in the odyssey just before the last segment

The crystal pads towards the end of divine wings of tragedy, with just russ singing over them.

The duel with romeo in smoke and mirrors... just so fucking intense! heh

Another moment from Awakenings is the first verse, just Michael Pinnella and Russ. What a beautiful piano melody, and then it turns menacing with that diminished chord leading into the rest of the band's entrance.

Also, that little piano part at 6:25. I just love that melody. Heck, the whole damn song just rules!

Another moment from Awakenings is the first verse, just Michael Pinnella and Russ. What a beautiful piano melody, and then it turns menacing with that diminished chord leading into the rest of the band's entrance.

Also, that little piano part at 6:25. I just love that melody. Heck, the whole damn song just rules!

Not to mention the only moment in Symphony X history where the band has stepped into jazz territory. The walking bass line, the hi-hat diddles, and that lounge piano solo! Awesome!

Basically all of V. He did a fabulous job on the whole album. My favourite part would have to be in Rediscovery Pt. II, starting right around 4:30. That is possibly one of my favourite parts of any SX song. And it's carried by Pinella.

Then again, Awakenings is one of my favourite SX songs altogether and that is heavily carried by Pinella as well.

..They all rock. Let's just leave it at that.:headbang:

Basically all of V. He did a fabulous job on the whole album. My favourite part would have to be in Rediscovery Pt. II, starting right around 4:30. That is possibly one of my favourite parts of any SX song. And it's carried by Pinella.

Then again, Awakenings is one of my favourite SX songs altogether and that is heavily carried by Pinella as well.

..They all rock. Let's just leave it at that.:headbang:

4:30 is great, but imo 5:30 is way better.
Plus it has kick butt bass playing and i love bass!!! :)

Redragon

Not to mention the only moment in Symphony X history where the band has stepped into jazz territory. The walking bass line, the hi-hat diddles, and that lounge piano solo! Awesome!

Heck yeah, and (not that the song needs it) if it just included a classical statement (i.e. "dies irae" in A Fool's Paradise), you'd have the perfect overall representation of what Symphony X is musically capable of!

Now if Michael Romeo threw in some fast, country finger-pickin' I'd be completely floored.