Favorite Movies

I'd have to say the top 80's movie was Raiders of the Lost Ark. Absolute classic. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is probalby my favorite comedy.

For all-time, Star Wars is still it. It still gets imitated today (albeit, sometimes by George Lucas himself :) ), and where it loses in cheesiness, it makes up for it in heart and fun.

And of course Monty Python and the Holy Grail (refer to the "OT: Who gets the last word?" thread before I start quoting again) is the best comedy of all-time.

The original, of course, followed by Empire. They have progressively gone down hill, but I'm betting on a turn around with Episode II. Maybe not as good as Jedi, but I think Lucas bottomed out with Phantom.

I wonder, 100 years from now, will people begin watching from Episode I and then wonder why the special effects get so bad in Episode 4? :lol:

Hmmmmm, so many to choose from. Here's my list!

Throw Mama from the Train
Ferris Buellers day Off
Airplane 1 & 2
Naked Gun
Fletch 1 & 2
Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

All Friday the 13th's*
All Nightmare on Elm Street's

My personal Star Wars movie is Empire Sticks Back.

Cheerz!

The first Fletch was great, very true to the book, but the second one I thought was a bit disappointing. Ferris Beuller is an all-time classic...I always watch it whenever I take a day off :lol:

You can usually count on anything with Steve Martin, but personally I'd take Three Amigos over Planes.

I'll take the Elm Street series over Friday the 13th anyday, but hey, at least part one has Kevin Bacon :)

Way to many to pick from I see way to many movies but some of my favorites are
Evil Dead trilogy
Star Wars (Empire is the best)
Matrix
All Kevin Smith
Anything by John Woo
Unforgiven
Field of Dreams
Anything with Tom Cruise
Anything By Kubrick
Moulin Rouge
Dark City
all Universal classic monster movies
lots of kung-foo stuff
lots of horror and sci-fi stuff

I'm waiting for these DVD's of a couple favorite movies:
Back to the Future - Trilogy
Pulp Fiction- Special Edition
I read somewhere on the net that they were gonna re-release Pulp Fiction again on DVD...

horror: alone in the dark/ freaks
comedy: ferris bueller's day off/ford fairlane
science fiction: planet of the apes/beneath the planet of the apes
drama: deer hunter/river's edge
action: buffy down under

My favorite movie ever is Brazil by Terry Gilliam. Another great movie noone has seen.....

j

(btw- Empire was by far the best Star Wars movie. Here's why...

1-Bounty Hunters (Boba Fett!)
2-"I am your father..."
3-Yoda
4-Hoth (Snowtroopers, Snowspeeders & Imperial Walkers)
5-Nerf herder
6-Asteroids
7-Cliff Clavin
8-Vader was a bad motherfucker in this movie. He didn't have Tarkin holding him back. He's choking people left and right, torturing people, cutting hands off, and defecting blasters with his bare hands.
9-The Emporer
10- The most disgusting kiss in movie history......

Can you say "Necronomicon Exmortis", kiddies?
E.D. 2 DEAD BY DAWN
A.O.D.
DIE HARD TRILOGY
UNBREAKABLE
BACK 2 THE FUTURE TRILOGY
ALIENS
KUNG POW - ENTER THE FIST
PULP FICTION
HEAVY METAL 2K
GHOSTS OF MARS (hell ALL John Carpenter flicks)
THE GIFT (and every other Sam Raimi film)
DARKMAN ( I know, I still had to name it)
Hell, I got too many favorites to list.

Oh yeah, and let me add this. I just picked up the Blues Brothers DVD. Well worth it, lots of footage that was cut out of the original to keep it under 2 hrs. See Elwood quit his job, see Elwoods garage for the Bluesmobile, and most importantly, you see more John Lee Hooker. "boom, boom, boom,boom"

Here's mine:

The Usual Suspects,
The Shawshank Redemption,
Pulp Fiction
National Lampoons Animal house,
Cannonball Rum/Gumball Rally.
And a few others. Got most of them in my DVD collection though :) The original Heavy Metal was pretty cool...and how can we not forget This is Spinal Tap?!