Favorite ND song

my favorite ND songs are:

- The Fifth Day of March: because it reminds me of my grandfather who died on March 5, 2001. "If you only knew, the guilt I live with now. What if I made the wrong choice?" hits home because I missed the last family gathering he was at so i could focus on school stuff and he died a few weeks later while on vacation. :(

- Twilight Innocence: makes me think of my daughter every time i listen to it. beautiful song.

- Shadows of Light: this was my introduction to the band back when it came out, so it holds a special place.

Dude, Mike and I are HUGE Iced Earth fans and power metal fans! Larry likes them quite a bit to, though he may not admit it sometimes :)

Dracula and Phantom Opera Ghost are two of my all time favorite IE songs. They are so epic and powerful. I would love to do a cover of Dracula.

You guys should try it one day. The verses go well with growls. And if ever you would do Phantom larry could sing the lady parts.

Yeah, no lady vocals for me thanks.

And yeah I do like Iced Earth, I wouldn't say I'm a "big fan" but they're a good band, seen 'em plenty of times. My taste in what might be considered "power metal" tends to be more along the lines of the older 1980s bands like early Helloween, some early Running Wild and Rage, Pretty Maids, and so forth. I like some of the Hammerfall stuff. I was just always more into the straight up traditional melodic metal stuff, like Maiden, Priest, Dio, Metal Church, Armored Saint, Exciter, etc.

my favorite ND songs are:

- The Fifth Day of March: because it reminds me of my grandfather who died on March 5, 2001. "If you only knew, the guilt I live with now. What if I made the wrong choice?" hits home because I missed the last family gathering he was at so i could focus on school stuff and he died a few weeks later while on vacation. :(

I like it when I hear that people relate their own personal experiences to our songs like that.....though I'm sorry you feel regret about your grandfather, my condolensces. Obviously Paul writes about specific personal things that have happened to him and that he endures, but it's always good when we see that people can get inside the song themselves and get beyond just what the artist intended, and take it somewhere personal for the listener's own interpretation. That's why I am a fan of leaving some mystery for the listeners sometimes.