Favorite Sabbath with Ozzy

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
My all time fav Sabbath album is The Mob Rules, but I'm curious about your opinions.

My fav with Ozzy are:

1. Vol. 4 - consistent album...great heavy riffs...one bad track, FX, what the hell is that?
2. Black Sabbath - great stuff...N.I.B. and Warning are two of my fav Sabbath tracks. Not crazy about the bluesy drawn out guitar wankings between songs, but that was the times.
3. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath - title track may be their best song...the rest of the album is great, but a little too much Rick Wakeman influence and it actually feels a little popish at times.

Yip totally worship Sabbath, they are probably my 3rd favourite band of all time, the first two being Rush and Budgie:worship: . I think my all time favourite Sabbath song is A National Acrobat, man that songs just blows my mind every time I hear it and in fact I've just stuck it on right now. It's just so totally awesome. Other favourites would be NIB, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Snowblind, Sweatleaf, Fairies Wear Boots, Hand of Doom, Killing Yourself to Live,Sleeping Village and Sabbra Cadabra. That Heaven & Hell is pretty good as well but it's not the same without Ozzy, still there's a few class tracks on it, the title track and Die Young being best 2.

MetalThrasher442 said:
Who the hell is Black Sabbath...:confused: :tickled:

Well...the importance of their place in the history of metal doesn't come anywhere near those coveted positions held by Anthrax and Testament, but Black Sabbath is a pretty cool band.:err:

MRBEAST said:
i prefer my sabbath ozzy-free

But but but Sabbath is Ozzy is he not, well that's just what I think anyway. And that Heaven & Hell album that I was talking about earlier, yeah it pretty good and I forgot Neon Knights is a superb song, but as far as I'm concerned that wasn't really Black Sabbath, that band should have been named Black Rainbow.

And I canny believe that I had the chance to go see Black Sabbath when they played at the Apollo yonks ago, it was almost sold out but there were still a few tickets left and I ended up going to a party instead - WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING ABOUT. Anyhooo that was the last time Black Sabbath played there but I did go and see Ozzy Osbourne when he played Glasgow, great concerts but on both occasions I went mainly to see the support bands, namely Budgie (awesome awesome band and I'm listening to Turned to Stone right now, best outro ever!!!!!) and another band that I was heavily into a while back called Heavy Pettin, they were brill.

Yip that Meglomania is one jawdroppingly mindblowing song indeed. I think most Sabbath songs are just truly delicious, can't really think of one offhand that I don't totally love.

first two being Rush and Budgie
Rush are awesome EVERY record is great(apart from the last one)Hemispheres,Farewell To Kings,2112,Hold Your Fire,Movign Pictures,Permanent Waves.....classic!
Budgie huh?In For The Kill,great track.
As far as Sabbath goes for me,the first album is the best closely followed by Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

stuglue said:
Rush are awesome EVERY record is great(apart from the last one)Hemispheres,Farewell To Kings,2112,Hold Your Fire,Movign Pictures,Permanent Waves.....classic!
As far as Sabbath goes for me,the first album is the best closely followed by Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

I love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, but it's a bit too overproduced for me...like Looking for Today and even parts of Spiral Architect are a little too bouncy and happy. Vol. 4 is a happy medium...the production and musicianship is better than the first 3, but it's still heavy with nice chunky riffs. The only real low point is FX, but it's short.

stuglue said:

Then again, Every Day Comes and Goes from Vol. 4 could be a heavy Monkees.

I hear a lot of similarities between some Sabbath Bloody Sabbath tunes and early solo Ozzy...he obviously borrowed.

Even though the live sound is kinda shitty , my favorate song is Symptoms of the Universe, it rocks on the live recordings. I forget which one. :headbang:

SABOTAGE!!!!! It's the dog's bollocks!!!!

I quite like Technical Ecstasy too, namely for "Dirty Women".

It also features that song.

The one that depresses the fuck out of me.

The one that can turn me from being happy as a sandboy, into tears.

The one I'll be playing the day I blow my brains out.

The one that is soooooo good, but when I hear it, makes my chest hurt.

"She's Gone". A killer.

Vol 4, Self Titled, Sabotage. I also like Never Say Die!, as well as Technical Ecstasy, which have bad raps it seems.

FX is a song that fucks with you when you're tired or stoned and coming down and then Supernaut kicks in and wakes you right up.

I love Sabotage... Hole in the Sky rules.... I would still have to go with Black Sabbath, and Paranoid as my favs

Hell, I even like Tony Martin Sabbath. Cross Purposes is pretty cool...

As for Rush :yuk: :yuk:

(holding my nuts) "Fly by night away from here"

stuglue said:

You have superb taste Stu being a Rush and a Budgie fan - there's not enough folk like that in the world hehe!!! How sensational was the Rush 30th Anniversary Tour, did you catch them on it. OMG that was the best night of my life and I was on a total high for about 6 months after it, couldn't stop talking about that gig, it was absolutely out of the world. I'd seen Rush twice before in Ingliston and they were brilliant but at the SECC I'd got 3rd row tickets and I was only about 7 feet away from the God that is Geddy Lee, plus the fact I'd got a bootleg of the concert recorded on the first night in Nashville, so I knew exactly what was going to be played at the gig and I was totally whipped up into a frenzy the day of the concert. Was actually that excited about seeing them again that come lunchtime I was very nearly sick just with sheer excitement and by about 4pm Icouldn't stop shaking, so I had to down a whole bottle of champagne then went into Glasgow for loads more drinkies, I was totally flying but thank god I remember every single thing about the concert. I was my voice for 3 days after it, and my hands were red raw for a few days as well with all the clapping. Utterly mindblowing concert. And although I'm more into the early Rush stuff, obviously 2112 practically took the roof off, that Animate and Dreamline nearly had me in tears it was that bloody mindblowingly awesome. And even when I listen to the cds now, I can feel my eyes filling up when I hear those 2 songs, and they were always good before but were never my favourites. Animate is definitely one of my favs now, The Trees, Xanadu, Limelight, By-tor and the R30 Medley were blinding weren't they, immense stuff indeed - although I would still preferred to have heard Geddy singing them cos Bastille Day, Finding my Way, Passage to Bangkok and Anthem are still some of my fav Rush songs.

Yeah Budgie have got to be the most under-rated band on the planet. They are nothing short of magnificent. I saw them twice at Glagow Apollo playing in front of 3/4000 folk and at a few fests but the last few years it's been at The Renfrew Ferry which only holds about 300 approx. They should be playing bigger venues than that but in saying that its awesome seeing them in such intimate venue, getting right to the front Probably seen them about 6 times and every time they just get better and better. Last year was the first time I'd seen them for a few years and they well and truly blew me to kingdom come with they kicked off with my 2 fav songs, Guts and then Panzer Division Destroyed. Saw them last year when they played on 17th September, which just so happened to be my birthday - what a birthday present eh, awesome. I love all of their songs, favs at the moment would be I Turned to Stone, Crash Course in Brain Surgery, Homicidal Suicidal, Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman, Guts, Panzer, Napoleon (obvouisly, who doesn't think that rocks like sin), Breadfan, Power Supply, Superstar, and In For The Kill as well. They don't have one bad song come to think of it - and there's supposed to be a new album out either right now, or coming out very soon.

They usually tour round about October, so I'll definitely be there again, they are one of the best live bands ever ever ever. And they're pretty like Sabbath as well, so if any of youse haven't heard any Budgie, download some of those tracks and be prepared to be blown away!!!