Favorite Sabbath with Ozzy

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
You have superb taste Stu being a Rush and a Budgie fan - there's not enough folk like that in the world hehe!!! How sensational was the Rush 30th Anniversary Tour, did you catch them on it. OMG that was the best night of my life and I was on a total high for about 6 months after it, couldn't stop talking about that gig, it was absolutely out of the world. I'd seen Rush twice before in Ingliston and they were brilliant but at the SECC I'd got 3rd row tickets and I was only about 7 feet away from the God that is Geddy Lee, plus the fact I'd got a bootleg of the concert recorded on the first night in Nashville, so I knew exactly what was going to be played at the gig and I was totally whipped up into a frenzy the day of the concert. Was actually that excited about seeing them again that come lunchtime I was very nearly sick just with sheer excitement and by about 4pm Icouldn't stop shaking, so I had to down a whole bottle of champagne then went into Glasgow for loads more drinkies, I was totally flying but thank god I remember every single thing about the concert. I was my voice for 3 days after it, and my hands were red raw for a few days as well with all the clapping. Utterly mindblowing concert. And although I'm more into the early Rush stuff, obviously 2112 practically took the roof off, that Animate and Dreamline nearly had me in tears it was that bloody mindblowingly awesome. And even when I listen to the cds now, I can feel my eyes filling up when I hear those 2 songs, and they were always good before but were never my favourites. Animate is definitely one of my favs now, The Trees, Xanadu, Limelight, By-tor and the R30 Medley were blinding weren't they, immense stuff indeed - although I would still preferred to have heard Geddy singing them cos Bastille Day, Finding my Way, Passage to Bangkok and Anthem are still some of my fav Rush songs.

Yeah Budgie have got to be the most under-rated band on the planet. They are nothing short of magnificent. I saw them twice at Glagow Apollo playing in front of 3/4000 folk and at a few fests but the last few years it's been at The Renfrew Ferry which only holds about 300 approx. They should be playing bigger venues than that but in saying that its awesome seeing them in such intimate venue, getting right to the front Probably seen them about 6 times and every time they just get better and better. Last year was the first time I'd seen them for a few years and they well and truly blew me to kingdom come with they kicked off with my 2 fav songs, Guts and then Panzer Division Destroyed. Saw them last year when they played on 17th September, which just so happened to be my birthday - what a birthday present eh, awesome. I love all of their songs, favs at the moment would be I Turned to Stone, Crash Course in Brain Surgery, Homicidal Suicidal, Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman, Guts, Panzer, Napoleon (obvouisly, who doesn't think that rocks like sin), Breadfan, Power Supply, Superstar, and In For The Kill as well. They don't have one bad song come to think of it - and there's supposed to be a new album out either right now, or coming out very soon.

They usually tour round about October, so I'll definitely be there again, they are one of the best live bands ever ever ever. And they're pretty like Sabbath as well, so if any of youse haven't heard any Budgie, download some of those tracks and be prepared to be blown away!!!

You write a lot of words.
o_O

Mxgonzo said:
Rush fans here must get R30. Hands down THE best sound on a concert DVD I have ever heard.

Yip too righty cos it is totally magnificent. I was gonny buy it when it first came out but then there was a comp in my local paper to win it, so I entered it and guess what, yeehaaa I won it, the deluxe edition, the DVD plus the 2 cds. It's nothing short of sensational, the sound is superior and it is just totally fabulous, every time I watch it just takes me back to when I saw them in Glasgow on that most glorious day of my life. In fact I had a wee blast of cd1 this morning, bloody awesome!!!!! It's the best DVD ever, Rush in Rio was mindblowing as well but the R30 blows it out of the water. Oh yeah it also came with the Rush R30 Tourbook which is fantastic, some cracking photos in it.

Nice one,I go into Rush early 90's.First song i heard was 2112 on the radio,i did'nt know who it was and from the singing i thought it was Judas Priest!So i was shocked when the DJ said it was Rush.My mate bought the Hemispheres album for 2 quid,we listened to it and even though i was'nt keen on Geddy's voice the music was:OMG: The Trees,Circumstances,La Villa Strangiato,fantastic stuff.I bought Roll The Bones and wore it out,just great pop songs and from their i discovered the older stuff,from the first album which is totally Zeppelin influenced to Fly By Night and Caress Of Steel,a very underrated album,Lakeside Park and Bastille Day excellent stuff.From their i got 2112,Farewell To Kings and really got into that era of Rush.Xanadu,Cygnus X1 classic stuff.I love the more poppy-rock stuff from Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures,songs like Tom Sawyer,Spirit Of Radio,Freewill,Limelight are timeless songs.I know a lot of Rush fans don't like the keyboard era of the late 80's but tracks like Mission,Time Stand Still,Force Ten are well crafted pop songs that i love.Have you heard the A Tribute To Rush CD?It's got ex Skid Row singer Seb Bach doing Working Man,Dream Theater on Natural Science and Billy Sheehan playing on Villa Strangiato,they did a good job.I had the chance to see them when they played Sheffield Arena back in the early 90's but missed it,was really pissed off cos i wanted to see Primus as well.I could'nt get tickets this time round so had to make do with the R30 disc.If you like prog rock DVD's i can recommend Yes Keys To Ascension and Songs From Tsonga's they are my favourite music DVD's.Their are'nt many bands that write 15-20 minute songs and have all of it memorable.They can.:wave:

How about Never Say Die? I could never get into that one. I am always suprised just how good Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are considering how poor the last Ozzy Sabbath was........

ZeeZooZum said:
How about Never Say Die? I could never get into that one. I am always suprised just how good Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are considering how poor the last Ozzy Sabbath was........

Yeah...those are actually my 2 favorite Sabbath albums...obviously Ozzy was dragging them down...they came to life with Dio.

I remember Dehumanizer getting acclaim as a great Sabbath album and a comeback, but I never really liked it, nor could I remember it.

I do like Never Say Die!, but it does seem another album with Ozzy would have been digging in the trenches.

Dehumanizer pwns. The heaviest album of all time.

Best album with Ozzy is probably Volume4, it has the distinctive/heavy Sabbath sound with some works of genius such as Snowblind.

Best overall Sabbath album = Heaven & Hell

Profanity said:
Dehumanizer pwns. The heaviest album of all time.

Best album with Ozzy is probably Volume4, it has the distinctive/heavy Sabbath sound with some works of genius such as Snowblind.

Best overall Sabbath album = Heaven & Hell

Agree with Vol. 4 but The Mob Rules beats Heaven and Hell hands down. Never really liked Dehumanizer...falls short of the other two Dio releases.

I can't believe none of youse went for Master Of Reality. That album is a fuckin scorcher. While on the subject of Osbournes, I would take great pleasure in breaking young Jack's face and the only gig Kelly should get is performing at sea world.

Saucy_Jack said:
I can't believe none of youse went for Master Of Reality. That album is a fuckin scorcher. While on the subject of Osbournes, I would take great pleasure in breaking young Jack's face and the only gig Kelly should get is performing at sea world.

I always thought Master of Reality was a bit of a rough cut...it needed a little bit of polish.