Favorites thus far.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Am I wrong about it? I mean I love it, even if I for some reason don't like Immolation.

Yeah, I don't think it was anything that good, just mediocre at best. Reminds me so much of Immolation.

Wyrd1 said:
Slayer Rip off??? Not a chance. I haven't heard anything on the new cd that reminds me of Slayer (been listening to Slayer for over 20 years, so should know their sound by now). Ok Kataklysm will never doing anything particularly original, then again originality within DM is fucking rare.

I hear alot of slayer type riffs through out that album. So it was like a band that enjoys slayer, but has to throw in the popular chuggah stuff.

swizzlenuts said:
I hear alot of slayer type riffs through out that album. So it was like a band that enjoys slayer, but has to throw in the popular chuggah stuff.

Was listening to it last night and again today and I still don't hear a single slayer riff.

swizzlenuts said:

Not exact riffs, but they seem to have a slayer tone to some of their riffs.

This Wyrd album is quite unusual... I wouldn't have expected anything like this. I didn't really get into Rota, it bored me, but this is really quite upbeat.

Doomcifer said:
Valkyrie - Valkyrie
Witchfinder General - Live '83'
Pentagram - First Daze Here Too

I haven't heard the entire Wolves In The Throne Room yet but the one song I did hear is excellent.

This man talks sense.

Just returned from a weekend on the piss in Cracow, bought the new Panzer X album while I was out there - just listened to it. I'm liking it at the moment, but I'm not quite sure why - it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Anyone else heard it?