Favourite debut record of all time?

Into Eternity is one of my fav. bands, it's Progressive Death Metal, i like the changes of clean vocals and grunting, 'Buried In Oblivion' is their best album imo, sorry imf09:lol:their singer Stu Block is the new Iced Earth-frontman.

pantera-cfh
stone sour
slipknot
down-nola
ratm(this one actually stands out the most because i hadnt found out about any of the other bands on the list yet),best debut but worst follow up with evil empire.

I thought of RATM too. Fact is I like Evil Empire maybe a bit more than debut :)

This one is easy. The best debut album and the best album ever too. VHI is the only DEBUT album that comes even close.

appetitefordestruction.jpg

Also an excellent debut album:

51P6UDZNOYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This one is easy. The best debut album and the best album ever too. VHI is the only DEBUT album that comes even close.

appetitefordestruction.jpg

Also an excellent debut album:

51P6UDZNOYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I seriously fuckin Love this tune.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4s5q4d2g9o&feature=fvsr[/ame]

Pearl Jam's Ten and RATM's first record for me. I remember liking that first Soulfly record a lot when it came out. No one said Machine Head's Burn My Eyes yet? Thats was pretty good too!

I remember back in the day AWK's Party Hard was playing on the radio, and after the song there was complete silence. After a while the dj said "Man, that was a great song, let's listen to it again!". And he actually played it again right there!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Major Label Debut is what that is. Pantera certainly does their best to ignore their first 4 albums. That is one of the biggest debates about Pantera from the critics. They completely changed their sound and look when they put out Cowboys From Hell. I always thought those guys were talented but didn't have an identity until Phil Anselmo came in and took control. Dimebag is certainly one of the best guitar players to ever live, but if it wasn't for Phil Anselmo I don't think he would have ever been discovered in the capacity he was.

That Damageplan album was absolutely horrible

Phil made Pantera heavy and wouldn't allow anything less than heavy. Even that Power Metal album he sang on was much heavier than the previous Pantera albums. I actually like that Power Metal album.

None the less I love Pantera, especially Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, and Reinventing The Steel. But I can't give them much in the credibility department as I know they were originally a lost glam rock band until Phil Came in.

DO you ever shut the fuck up? Cowboys from Hell wasnt a debut album, no one gives a flying fuck about anything else you have to say on the matter, trying to rewrite fucking history as usual! It wasnt a debut, it has nothing to do with Damageplan, why the fuck are you posting a rant when the simple answer was "It wasn't"?

Anyhoo...my answer is Appetite For Destruction. WASP comes pretty fucking close too.

One of my favorite albums ever. Talk about another band who changed their style of music and went to shit

Yeah I own all there albums, and man none of them even come close the the first one. River Runs Red is a masterpiece, Ugly is Ok, Soul Searching Sun is meh.... and Broken Valley they tried to sound like an STP rip off.

Keith just doesn't seem to have the heart into heavy metal anymore, its a shame to because early on he was an awesome metal vocalist.

DO you ever shut the fuck up? Cowboys from Hell wasnt a debut album, no one gives a flying fuck about anything else you have to say on the matter, trying to rewrite fucking history as usual! It wasnt a debut, it has nothing to do with Damageplan, why the fuck are you posting a rant when the simple answer was "It wasn't"?

Anyhoo...my answer is Appetite For Destruction. WASP comes pretty fucking close too.

If you actually read what I said you will see I never said it was their debut, it was their major label debut. Sonds like you need a nice hug and maybe sodomized from thrashard!