Favourite debut record of all time?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I always liked this topic and not sure if it's ever been on here (?). The other day my mate and I were reeling off our 5 fave records of all time, and I have 1 debut record in my top 5, kind of defaulting it as my fave ever debut. This record to me is just flawless. Dark, heavy, beautiful, poetic, superb lyrics, and just plain rocking. The perfect debut record imho.

pearl-jam-ten-rock-band-xbox-360.jpg

Great topic and choice of album too Timmy.

Hard to split between these two (and yes I know FNM released an EP before that album!)

Living_Colour-Vivid.jpg

&

Faith-no-More.jpg

Great topic!

Guess I am not the only one with this choice, is my favourite anyhow ...

41CNNJYTQ6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Great topic!

This too is a great debut in my opinion. Almost my number one choice. However, I'd have to bestow those honors to the mighty Van Halen and their 1977 or 1978 Van Halen I. I can't remember which year it came out. Eddie Van Halen redefined how the electric guitar was meant to be played paving the way for shredders in the 80's. He influenced everybody and those who say otherwise are in denial.

I also think for what it's worth this one is up there:

korn.jpg

along with this one:

deftones-adrenaline.jpg

This one:

CaQ9s1C7aSwUgYm55BovjatqJGsshN5bzRqF4_zgvk4ZouysTE_urjzNvmT-H7yM.jpg

Even this one: (even though im not a huge fan)

slipknot.jpg

Can't really deny this one:

rageagainstthemachine.jpg

Or this one:

90_deicide.jpg

This one:

Morbid-Angel-Altars-CD.jpg

This one tooo:

album-cold.jpg

Could go on and on

production was kinda weak but my favorite debut

4163_into_eternity_into_eternity.jpg

I just checked that band out, they are pretty much the gayest sounding metal band I have ever heard. I don't know what style of music that is other than it sounds like everything i can't stand with todays musical trends. Sing, Scream, Sing, Scream, melody, double bass, break down, yell, sing, ....... vomit

Here is the video I saw, is this the same band?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic!

Best hard rock album of all time for me. Big call I know but every damn song is an instant winner.

Since when is this a debut record?

Major Label Debut is what that is. Pantera certainly does their best to ignore their first 4 albums. That is one of the biggest debates about Pantera from the critics. They completely changed their sound and look when they put out Cowboys From Hell. I always thought those guys were talented but didn't have an identity until Phil Anselmo came in and took control. Dimebag is certainly one of the best guitar players to ever live, but if it wasn't for Phil Anselmo I don't think he would have ever been discovered in the capacity he was.

That Damageplan album was absolutely horrible

Phil made Pantera heavy and wouldn't allow anything less than heavy. Even that Power Metal album he sang on was much heavier than the previous Pantera albums. I actually like that Power Metal album.

None the less I love Pantera, especially Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, and Reinventing The Steel. But I can't give them much in the credibility department as I know they were originally a lost glam rock band until Phil Came in.

Major Label Debut is what that is. Pantera certainly does their best to ignore their first 4 albums. That is one of the biggest debates about Pantera from the critics. They completely changed their sound and look when they put out Cowboys From Hell. I always thought those guys were talented but didn't have an identity until Phil Anselmo came in and took control. Dimebag is certainly one of the best guitar players to ever live, but if it wasn't for Phil Anselmo I don't think he would have ever been discovered in the capacity he was.

That Damageplan album was absolutely horrible

Phil made Pantera heavy and wouldn't allow anything less than heavy. Even that Power Metal album he sang on was much heavier than the previous Pantera albums. I actually like that Power Metal album.

None the less I love Pantera, especially Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill, and Reinventing The Steel. But I can't give them much in the credibility department as I know they were originally a lost glam rock band until Phil Came in.

I agree, I just couldn't help not being a smartass! :lol:

pantera-cfh
stone sour
slipknot
down-nola
ratm(this one actually stands out the most because i hadnt found out about any of the other bands on the list yet),best debut but worst follow up with evil empire.