Favourite Mars Volta Studio album?

What is your favourite Mars Volta studio album?

• Deloused

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Frances the Mute

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Amputecture

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because it wasn't good.

and then I go "you're obviously mistaken and/or half deaf because it's great" and the discussion has gone nowhere and we all have a party

if nothing else, I have no idea how anyone could like anything off Deloused or Amputechture and then say Frances is outright crap... I don't think you're listening to the right album or have actually ever given it an honest listen. Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus, L'Via L'Viaquez, etc., surely aren't crap

edit: voted Frances

and then I go "you're obviously mistaken and/or half deaf because it's great" and the discussion has gone nowhere and we all have a party

if nothing else, I have no idea how anyone could like anything off Deloused or Amputechture and then say Frances is outright crap... I don't think you're listening to the right album or have actually ever given it an honest listen. Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus, L'Via L'Viaquez, etc., surely aren't crap
I gave it an honest listen when it first leaked. I even bought it because I figured the production would sound better and it might grow on me. I just never grew to like it.

Amputechture, easily. Deloused seems so....limited, so typically hard rock, it is TMV, sure, but TMV as they were only beginning to seperate themselves off from the rest of the herd. In my mind they only got better as they continued - and yes, that includes Frances The Mute, which while contains more self-indulgence than many can tolerate, brings so much fresh new material to the table that i can't help but love it.

Amputechture is much more album than song focused, the first time they made an entirely cohesive record from start to finish, and works immensely well for it.