Mars Volta - Amputechture

Hobo

Señor Member
Apr 8, 2002
Kata-land
www.stormrider.se
So, I have now listened to this album about 100 times, and i must say..
DAMN!
The first Mars volta album was great, but i had trouble getting in to the second one, but this one just roxxorzz!!
I know we have some fans of mars volta here, so, if you havent heard amputechture, DO SO! NOW!

Hobo said:
So, I have now listened to this album about 100 times, and i must say..
DAMN!
The first Mars volta album was great, but i had trouble getting in to the second one, but this one just roxxorzz!!
I know we have some fans of mars volta here, so, if you havent heard amputechture, DO SO! NOW!

I most certainly will...I never knew a third album came out...
I feel the same about the the first two."De-Loused" was awesome but "Frances" was kinda hard to get into and for me never quite registered properly.

I haven't heard the whole album, only a song, If I'm not wrong it was ''viscera eyes''. I really liked it, it's a long, weird song, really proggy. Hmm...I haven't had the chance to get the album yet. I'm sure that it worths checking it out. Too bad at the drive in broke up, but the mars volta is better, so it's fine with me.

At the Drive in broke up because one of the guys died in 2003(drug related I believe)...and yeah The Mars Volta is better in the sence of being more listener friendly and having Flea on their side...
by the way did flea record the bass on this album too?

I remember seeing them live after their first release, and....yeah, they were god awful. I haven't seen them in like 3 years, so maybe they've improved. After I saw them I never even wanted to check out their studio productions.

I just got the record last night at 12 but I had work in the morning and now i'm off to school but I'm very excited about hearing tonight. I'll get back at ya with the verdict which i'm sure will be very positive.

I saw them live last month and they stormed off the stage after playing just 35-40 mins. They insulted the crowd after the first song because people were moshing, which pissed some people off, which led to a couple bottles being thrown on stage. At the beginning of the 4th song, Omar's guitar went out (the sound was pretty messed up to begin with) so they left the stage. This performance certainly pissed me off because I basically paid $65 to see them at a festival. At any rate, I've started to get over it because I enjoy the bands music so much and Amputecture is a fantastic album.

--

they didn't insult us when they played mexico 2 years ago, he only said like "gracias" and that's all...they played like 4 songs over one hour+ ....it was really intense for such a short playlist! i need money or illegal downloading, but im too lazy and cheap to leave the computer on downloading so im waiting for december to buy 20cds...yay.... crap

hugot said:
they didn't insult us when they played mexico 2 years ago, he only said like "gracias" and that's all...they played like 4 songs over one hour+ ....it was really intense for such a short playlist! i need money or illegal downloading, but im too lazy and cheap to leave the computer on downloading so im waiting for december to buy 20cds...yay.... crap

this is indeed the big problem..
this year has been amazing in good music.. sooo many records, so little money.
(I confes, i have amputechture downloaded too, but I am ordering it when i get my paycheck this month.. too good to not have.)

to clear the insulting the audience issue...off course TMV were pissed off that people were moshing to their music...sweriously how can you mosh in a jam session? TMV music is for shooting dope and smoking weed...not moshing.