Fear Factory

Okay, they are an easy target not because they are popular, but because they don't deserve the popularity, look at Slayer, popular as ever, people don't care because they've shown themselves worthy of being in recognition of the public eye, ( except for that Kerry King bullshit ) and hopefully I'm not the only one, but if I knew of Slipknot and heard them I'd enjoy bashing them as well, just like Lollipop Lust Kill..not too popular, most certainly not metal either, I don't care if they are mainstream or not, I hate them, and I hate slipknot because the sound of their screecy untalented instrument banging drives me up the wall, if I was disgraced with their feeble attempt at musicianship before they got popular, I'd still bash them, just like I bash Vyrus X ( heard of them? no, you might say you have, but you haven't, so don't bother ) I rag on them plenty, they are just as false as slipknot, and of course Hatebreed isn't metal, I thought that was pretty obvious, and early FF can be pretty debatable as well, and saying Queensryche isn't metal..I dunno whether to laugh or not, of course they are metal, and if you happen to be literate to some form, you'll know my avatar is Queensryche: Rage For Order, which is very metal, indenyably I'd say..I've never even heard Queensryche not be referred to as metal, you might as well not call Maiden or Sabbath metal..I mean they are way more talented than most bands, and Hatebreed is a joke, nothing more but an un-metal joke, and actually it's more trendy to be a slipknot fan, and pretend it's the hardest material ever put out, lots of people like Slipknot here and I'm hated for hating them so much, and once again your assuming I hate them because they are mainstream, or any slipknot hater for that matter, look at Metallica, you see me bashing them? You might say you have but you haven't, and what about Megadeth? both are mainstream to a certain extent, particularly Metallica, but they deserve it, especially with Cliff, one hell of a bassist, and Kirk Hammett's one of the most innovative guitar players I've ever heard, and whether bad or good, Metallica has effected music more than just about any band

FF and Hatebreed metal..psh..* laughs *

Die

Hammet- one of the most innovative guitar players? Huh? It seems he did the same solo for every single fucking song- and these days why does he even bother? God he sucked on the load's. Innovative is a tough word, i think we need the analysis of a guitar expert.

*sigh*

Basically, all this thread consists of is yet another person using lengthy, intricately worded posts with convoluted reasons to justify why he thinks 'anything that I don't like isn't metal'. Why not just say that and save your fingers, pal?

And as for saying that considering Slipknot to be metal is 'blatant stupidity of the highest order' - well, sorry I'm not quite as intelligent as you obviously must be to make such a gloriously sweeping statement as that, perhaps you'd care to furnish me with your knowledge of what Slipknot actually are? Jazz? Swing? 80s techno? Ballroom music, perhaps?

Just because they're not the heaviest band out there, and just because they don't write as complicated music as, say, Carcass or Iron Maiden, doesn't make them un-metal. And Hatebreed do have metal elements, in as much as they have their hardcore punk roots too.

If you don't like the bands, just don't listen to them - don't condemn the people who do enjoy them as being stupid, fake or unworthy.