Female-fronted bands that you actually like

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I typically convulse in violent dry heaving when I hear "another female fronted goth band", but there are a couple that I actually like.

Last edited by a moderator:
old The Gathering

and as an extension anything any of the Female singers have done in Ayreon especially Anekke and Floor Jansen

also really liked To Mera's first album

I loved LC up to Comalies; that album is fantastic and I can scarcely believe that they actually did it, judging by the crap that followed. They were a great band.

Good people, though. Really nice and down to earth.

And who could forget Leaves by The Gathering? I can't believe I didn't post them. Anneke is amazing.

Every time I watch that Gathering video it's like the first time. Anneke is probably the most beautiful woman in the history of frontwomen, with the best voice to boot. She exudes this uncharacteristic purity; this innocence and natural beauty that sadly has been forgotten in this genre.

She's also done amazing work with Danny Cavanagh. Parisienne Moonlight FTMFW.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvBzznqjQoo&feature=related[/ame]

I still like new Lacuna Coil. The last album I heard was the one after Comalies. Very commercial, nu-metal sounding rock album with complete shit guitar riffs, but Christina's vocal lines were so emotional and memorable.

I still like new Lacuna Coil. The last album I heard was the one after Comalies. Very commercial, nu-metal sounding rock album with complete shit guitar riffs, but Christina's vocal lines were so emotional and memorable.

Karmacode or whatever it was called wasnt too bad. Its the one they released this past year that was complete shit.

Good call on Malsain, var... Never thought a vagina-wielder could pull off some half-decent black metal vox. Good shit.

KMFDM has some good songs that are all or mostly female vocals, does that count?

On account if it being Lucia Cifarelli, yes

I love Anneke-era Gathering, though I'm not sold on the new singer. I'll pass on all the female fronted "goth metal" nonsense a la Nightwish.

I have tremendous appreciation for Agenete Kirkevaag for her ability to sing ugly and unselfconscious when necessary to convey the emotion of the song.

Of course there are tons of non metal chick singers I dig. Top 3: