Female Metal Festival - Sat, June 16, 2007 - Minnesota

So here are a few of my pictures from the show. Too bad they told us we couldn't take anymore after the first two songs. I was so busy rockin' out that I didn't get that many. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get plenty at the festival this weekend. I know these are kinda small, but if you want to see the larger versions, you can always head over to my myspace page (link in my signature).

m_c02dfe32aa73b6088f5a8c576e15ed7e.jpg

m_4e409e0615c46cd43fe052f3f3f06041.jpg

m_31e92e655c952934e0b5ada900ce85a4.jpg

m_06793732780ead022e4a77a2f1b7a1ea.jpg

m_afaa63a2d30a988ca4ed7b7c1ac2f3cb.jpg

m_9b0c43a387638d5013d9a5cb6eb45edc.jpg

m_5ed6c3de0cb7835e9d0cac35fd77efbe.jpg

m_c6589229c429287340d2cc5dedb17f5d.jpg

m_4eadce9ea7d550db0b5b72a10c25aa46.jpg

And finally one of me and Nick Douglas after the awesome show!

m_da607cbfadfcb7de5a8b91d0faa74025.jpg

wow..looks like it was a big success..I didn't even realize it was last weekend. I was @ Fair To Midland at the Varsity Theater on Saturday Night, so it would have been pretty hard for me to go anyway. But I might of gone down there otherwise, altho like I posted, I'm not sure the music is really my cup of tea these days. More power to you guys for this no matter!

wow..looks like it was a big success..I didn't even realize it was last weekend. I was @ Fair To Midland at the Varsity Theater on Saturday Night, so it would have been pretty hard for me to go anyway. But I might of gone down there otherwise, altho like I posted, I'm not sure the music is really my cup of tea these days. More power to you guys for this no matter!

Actually these pictures and statements are mainly all from the show at JAXX.

The Flight of the Valkyries was just this past weekend (6/16). I'll post my pictures for FOTV soon - probably later tonight. Sorry you missed us this year. The style of metal displayed at FOTV wasn't just limited to Doro-like female-fronted power metal. There were also several other genres represented including death and gothic. From what I understand, Swordlord is trying to continue to book a mixture of genres for next year as well. Hope you can make it out next year. :headbang:

Get me To-Mera and I wouldn't miss it for anything ;P
I'll try to plan the trip next year. Though this was the same weekend as a good friend's birthday so I was busy loosing money at Mohegan Sun on Saturday. As I rarely get to see him and my other friends since we live in different states, it really makes it hard to pass up some time with them and very few of them listen to this type of music (with even less being able to afford going to something like this or Progpower).

I would be interested to see To-Mera, Visions of Atlantis, Benedictum, or Echoes of Eternity for next year.

How was the turn out for the festival this year I almost forgot to ask.

I would be interested to see To-Mera, Visions of Atlantis, Benedictum, or Echoes of Eternity for next year.

How was the turn out for the festival this year I almost forgot to ask.

I am personally vying for Benedictum next year and am going to do everything in my power to help Nathan get them on the bill ... whether or not that will actually happen is another story. All of the other bands you mentioned are on my wish list as well (and I'm sure Nathan would welcome them with open arms, baring costs), but with this being a young festival, you have to be careful that you don't break the bank in the first few years if you want a fest like this to grow and continue as an annual thing. Benedictum is from L.A. so I think they could be doable, but only time will tell.

Many of the other bands you mentioned may also be doable, but I personally don't know what it would cost to bring them to the states or to the festival. Since Melissa Ferlaak was the emcee this year and she is originally from MN, I would imagine there is a possibility that her band, Visions of Atlantis, could play the fest in a future year.

The turnout was (I think) as good as can be expected for a first year festival. It did not sell out, but Nathan told me that he came close to breaking even. I'll leave it up to Nathan to provide actual numbers from ticket sales on here if he chooses.

Just to try give you an idea - DemonOfTheWoods told me that when Doro went on stage the main room in the venue was half-way full. That doesn't count folks who were in the second bar area or outside. The AC was broken in the venue and it was hot as shit, so I heard several folks say that they could not stay in that main room for long periods. It was also my first trip to Station-4 and I'm not certain what their max capacity is.

Nathan also confessed to me that he did not realize until after the show that this was the same weekend as Father's Day, which may have played into folks ability to travel for the fest that weekend. We also only had three months (as opposed to a full year) to promote this show, as the date was only announced mid-March. All-in-all Nathan seemed satisfied with the success of the festival, as did many others who attended and told us that they planned to attend next summer. :headbang:

Nathan also confessed to me that he did not realize until after the show that this was the same weekend as Father's Day, which may have played into folks ability to travel for the fest that weekend.

Yep, a lot of people make plans for Father's Day....and typically they are the 'really don't wanna break the commitment' type of plans, too. This surely played a role in attendance.