few bands announced for MDF VII

im not sure if he sings for hail of bullets, but he sings for Asphyx and Pestilence. Van Drunen I think his name is

Martin Van Drunen currently sings for Hail of Bullets and Ashphyx. Patrick Mameli sings and guitars for Pestilence right now. Martin used to, but he and Patrick had a falling out. With him being there though, you never know what might happen.

I doubt it'll happen. Which, again, is a fucking insult to the fans if Van Drunen is right there and Mameli sings for the Pest.

It would be pretty lame if they couldn't at least PRETEND to get along for a song or two. There's still time, maybe they can patch things up.

"We'd like to let everyone know that we've decided to utilize the second stage in the club room of Sonar and we'll be confirming roughly 50 bands total. We've never been big fans of making someone pick and choose a band to see because of two bands playing simultaneously, so bands that will perform on the second stage will not be scheduled to start until a band finishes playing on the main stage. This will allow every band on the second stage to play for at least 15-20 minutes when no other band is playing, not to mention many of the bands on the second stage won't need much more than 20 minutes to play.
If you're wondering where the vendors will go, have no fear. We will be dealing with more space to utilize at Sonar next year.

With that said, we've already confirmed a lot of bands to appear on the second stage. With the exception of Pig Destroyer and Splitter, all of the bands confirmed below will be appearing on the second stage.
Also, the next band announcements we expect to make will quite possibly be the biggest announcement we've ever made in the history of MDF, so stay tuned.

Pig Destroyer (Virginia)
Splitter (Sweden)
Kill the Client (Texas)
Grief (Massachusetts)
Magrudergrind (Washington DC)
Lair of the Minotaur (Illinois)
Unearthly Trance (New York)
The Endless Blockade (Canda)
Maruta (Florida)
Car Bomb (New York)
Weekend Nachos (Illinois)
Drugs of Faith (Maryland)

Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF VII:

Pestilence (Netherlands)
Mayhem (Norway)
Atheist (Florida)
Asphyx (Netherlands)
Immolation (New York)
Brutal Truth (New York)
Hail of Bullets (Netherlands)
Abscess (California)
General Surgery (Sweden)
Today is the Day (Tennessee)
Pig Destroyer (Virginia)
Phobia (California)
Sayyadina (Sweden)
Flesh Parade (Louisiana)
Jig-Ai (Czech Republic)
Antigama (Poland)
Splitter (Sweden)
Grief (Massachusetts)
Entrails Massacre (Germany)
Kill the Client (Texas)
Magrudergrind (Washington DC)
Lair of the Minotaur (Illinois)
Crowpath (Sweden)
Man Must Die (Scotland)
Gnostic (Georgia)
Unearthly Trance (New York)
The Endless Blockade (Canada)
Maruta (Florida)
Car Bomb (New York)
Weekend Nachos (Illinois)
Drugs of Faith (Maryland)
Triac (Maryland)"

I'm wondering how this will turn out. Personally I've always preferred quality over quantity. And I'm looking forward to seeing who the surprise announcements will be.

Holy shit, dude, bigger than Mayhem, Pestilence, Atheist, Immolation, Pig Destroyer, and Asphyx all at the same fest. You got me already saving my money, bro! Can't wait to hear about it. I have only been able to afford the trip to on MDF (#3, in 2005), and I had a great time...I can only imagine that the fest has gotten infinitely better since then. I hope I can go...this seems to be the best lineup you've had since 2005, in my opinion (not that last year's was bad by any means:))

Whoa, Grief! Now that is cool! So far Atheist, Pestilence, Hail of Bullets, Mayhem and Immolation are the main draws for me. It's not up to serious consideration yet - if PPX has a killer lineup I'll pick that over this - but it's on the table for my 2009 road trip options. Especially since I didn't go anywhere this year :(

l_4f7942912b9b4ce28bfda018f625a7a3.jpg