few bands announced for MDF VII

Heh, I've only seen Mastodon twice actually, and one was a short festival set. Admittedly, I've only seen EbS once, but I've seen HW about 5-6 times in the past year and a half.

Heh, I've only seen Mastodon twice actually, and one was a short festival set. Admittedly, I've only seen EbS once, but I've seen HW about 5-6 times in the past year and a half.

hey I can't help it that HW is so good that you must see them time and time again. LOL.

and check it out - I finally figured out a way to drive up my post count... argue with people. :lol: :kickass: I never knew the secret before.

I can;t blame you for going out to Athens to see your buds and check out Posehn. I've never seen him live, but hoping to change that myself someday.

PESTILENCE??? :OMG:

I really really really really hope Van Drunen will do some guest vocals with them live. For someone who asked earlier, I read a few months ago that Mameli's doing vocals again.

And Mayhem, wtf? :rolleyes:

I'm kind of surprised at all of the negative feedback in this forum. I thought people would be a little more open-minded. I've been to 3 MDFs and have had a great time. They don't call it an underground metal "party" for no reason. If you're into extreme music, this lineup is badass. Pestilence, regardless of who's singing is worth the trip alone. Atheist is great live. Just because you haven't heard of a band, don't rule them out. I went to my first ProgPower just because Mercenary was playing. I ended up enjoying many other sets that weekend. Now I go to every ProgPower and have a great time at each one.

Atheist, Mayhem, and Hail of Bullets are the only ones I have interest with, but all the bands I don't know on the bill I will check out, because I have to check out almost every band I hear of. I wouldn't mind seeing today is the day though, especially with derek roddy being such a beast of a drummer.

Pestilence and asphyx have been on my list of bands to check out. The reason I ran across hail of bullets is because of Swano being associated with the cd, I just wish Swano would of done some more guest vocals on it, and of course the production has Swano written all over it.

Atheist, Mayhem, and Hail of Bullets are the only ones I have interest with, but all the bands I don't know on the bill I will check out, because I have to check out almost every band I hear of. I wouldn't mind seeing today is the day though, especially with derek roddy being such a beast of a drummer.

Roddy no longer drums for TITD. They're still a beast of a live band. I've seen General Surgery twice and they have torn it up both times. They are not meant to be taken seriously, but put on a hell of a live show.

Pestilence and asphyx have been on my list of bands to check out. The reason I ran across hail of bullets is because of Swano being associated with the cd, I just wish Swano would of done some more guest vocals on it, and of course the production has Swano written all over it.

im not sure if he sings for hail of bullets, but he sings for Asphyx and Pestilence. Van Drunen I think his name is