"FICTION" expanded edition available on the US tour

Long time no see :) .

I just got the German ver. of Fiction Expanded Edition, and it's really nice! It's a digibook as Niklas said (or Mediabook, as the sticker on the cd says :rolleyes:), and it's quite beautiful. So all of you who have the money should try to get this version.

The artwork is quite weird I must admit, that's the only thing I don't like.... (actually I must admit that I hate it).

Now about the songs, "Below the Radiance" is quite good, but it's (IMO) definitely weaker than the songs on the original album.

"Silence in the House of Tongues" is a nice instrumental. The beginning is a bit slow, but after that it's quite good, I really like it.

I'd already heard the bonus, and "A Closer End" still seems to me that should've been in the album, it's a really good song, I love it. "Winter Triangle" is an awesome instrumental, I like it more than "Silence" to be honest.

The live versions are great, I could hear one difference with the guitars in Terminus, I wonder if it was just a "live mix" or if the original composition was like that....

Now, the DVD is the real treat. It is truly magnificent, and it is worth the purchase alone. All the videos are great (LEGOS!), and the videos @ Summerbreeze Festival are awesome!!! :headbang: I'm pretty sure that those videos were taken for a full dvd release, but I guess they'll use the one that'll be taken in Milano. As always Mikael is one with the public (ahh I remeber when he jumped onto the public here in CR...). I really liked the video of Misery's Crown, it's great to finally see some shots of Martin B. (smoking is bad for you), so I hope the one in Milano will be like that.

Another great release! :headbang:

Bye!

well, just to show how the digibook and the expanded edition(wow finally I realized the irony in fiction-expanded edition)look like:
the pics are inverted because I shot them with the isight of my macbook.

I dont like the angels stuck to the DT-logo, but the :.:: dots are back. and in an expanded version on the on the rear cover :.::. :dopey:

2008-07-17_18-38-46_foto 32.jpg
2008-07-17_19-13-30_foto 33.jpg

2008-07-17_19-14-11_foto 34.jpg
2008-07-   a17_19-14-52_foto 36.jpg
2008-07-17_19-26-08_foto 32.jpg

2008-07-17_19-14-32_foto 35.jpg
2008-07-17_19-15-58_foto 36.jpg

Actually I do like the angels, it's an interesting change (albeit a more mainstream in style, but still DT).

It's the artwork of the booklet I really don't like, and well, what about the liner notes?!? I was expecting some comments for each song (at least three lines), since you know the band said that it would have "extensive liner notes." One page is not extensive for me, I mean, there are no comments about the songs!

I wanted some comments for Terminus (since it's such a perfect song), but no, nothing.

Still, we get two bonus song and an awesome DVD, which I guess compensates the things that are missing :rolleyes: :dopey: .

Oh, and thanks for the pics Herr Solefald : ) .

I just got Fiction the Expanded edition and i must say that it is awesome:) I like the bonus tracks, especially Silence in the house of tongues. Also i love the background of the DVD menu, the red one with the angel on the right, it would make a beautiful poster :p