Fiction [New Album Spoilers Highly Likely. Read At Own Risk]

I think it's 'drowning like dogs', as most of the song seems to deal with airborn chemical warfare. It would fit with the line about Sarin as well.

I'm gonna get to work on the lyrics for all the songs on my way up to Boston this weekend, and post it tomorrow morning. Particle Storm seems correct as far as I can tell, though, so I won't do that one.

~kov.

EDIT: BAI, I think he meant that in the sense of "Who the fuck are Kalmah, compared to DT?" Makes sense, given the follow up line.

The cd is amazing. It isn't what I expected at all after Focus Shift, but holy crap, it is so good. It doesn't remind me of Character, but I can hear elements of anything Projector and latter (which seems to be the consensus of the fans). I'm glad I didn't wait, I'll be listening to this for a loooooooooong time (if the amount I listened to Character is any indication), and will be getting it the day it comes out without a doubt. I can't wait to see the art.

Also, I happen to be a big fan of "The Lesser Faith". My favorite track as of now, it has my kind of sound...

And this only multiplies my excitement to see them live....

Since tour is starting long before CD release, a bummer with leakage can be blessing in disguise... even though imprisonment for some according to copyright (f)laws, but still :heh:

Well...We should at least get a rendition of Focus Shift or something. Besides, as before I was hoping to hear new stuff live, I almost need to hear new stuff (live) now. So many of these songs would translate well into concert.

Hey DT members, play new stuff in Philly! <hint, hint>

Ok, so I couldn't resist either (can't see the point of tormenting yourself for another 2 months when you know lite ~95&#37; of the ones who have an interest in DT already downloaded the album and is currently listening to it).... I will ofcourse definately buy the album when it's released though!

What do you all think about the new kind of growling Stanne does in "The Lesser Faith"? (in the end parts) ...I think it's bloody amazing! I simply said "wow" when I heard it the first time and the wow-feeling definately still resides when I hear it over and over again. It kind of feels like a new higher level of growling, darker, more "daemonish"... very impressive, love it!!

Favourite songs atm:
- The lesser faith
- Icipher
- Misery's crown
- Focus Shift

I know Im probably the only one, but I'll say it anyway.. I think the new album is pretty mediocre. There are good parts, good melodies, nice guitar work but all in all, it's been heard before, it's not inspirational. Ive listened to it a few times and Im pretty disappointed
The Mundane for examples has nice melodies, the female vocals go well with it, too.. but there's no depth :erk:
Icipher has some cool keyboard parts, too.. I think so far it's my favourite song.
I hope the album will grow on me, but I dont think there's anything "hidden", anything that is only revealed after the 10th time you listen to it.

I only listened to the first two tracks, but I like it immediately on a superficial level, in the same way I liked Character and Damage Done.

I am something of a sound purist though, and I can't stand the crappy compressed feel of MP3's, so I already deleted it.

I will be buying at least two copies on 4/23.

I feel bad. I snapped and downloaded one track. Blind at Heart.
I listened to it once, and will listen to it once or twice more before deleting it.

...It is amazing. I love it. It gave me a major rush. It was like hearing Monochromatic Stains for the first time, again. Monochromatic Stains has been my favourite song since I was fourteen. It was the first Dark Tranquillity song I ever heard. While I doubt that Blind at Heart will surpass my love for Monochromatic Stains, I certainly know that it will rank amongst my favourites... Not only that, but if the rest of this album is as intense and as beautiful as Blind at Heart, I know I'll be obsessing over it for years to come. (It's been five years, and I'm still not tired of Damage Done...) I know the band probably doesn't want to be compared to themselves, but if I am comparing something to Monochromatic Stains, it must be fucking incredible. Way to go, Dark Tranquillity.

actually I really like DT... but Focus Shift is pretty unoriginal in my opinion. Sounds nearly exactly like some tracks off Damage Done / Character. most notably the chorus+keyboard thing...it's been done a million times.

Mussay this: Focus Shift is still different from the rest of the album (not as Particle Storm, which absolutely stands out), but it shows only one of the many "sides" of this record.

I can't dissect Fiction song by song, looking for influences and signs of earlier work. I can't hear signifiCunt trademarks from other albums, at all.

I absolutely love this record.