Fiction [New Album Spoilers Highly Likely. Read At Own Risk]

I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to get the bonus tracks that are on the Japanese and Australian versions of fiction without waiting another 5 years for another "In Retrospect" compilation. I guess it's too late in the game though for a promotional-type EP since the release date is like two months away?

The bonus tracks are contractually bound to be exclusive for those releases for a certain time at least (1-2 years maybe, I'm not sure), so they won't appear in any other context for a while.

There will be an EP released after the summer with at least one previously unreleased song from the "Fiction" sessions. In addition, we heard today that there are plans to have some kind of pre-release sampler available at the US tour to compensate for the fact that the real album isn't out then.

Yes, we'll of course bring new shirt designs, and if everything works out well there will be some other goodies like belt buckles etc. This is the first time in US that we're allowed to sell more than 2-3 items, so we'll make the best out of it.

It has been said before, but most tours involve losing money due to the high expenses for plane tickets, work visa expenses (+ travel to Stockholm to assure the US Embassy that we don't sacrifice kittens at the altar of Bin Ladin), bus rent, gas, crew wages etc, so merch sales are essential for any band.

Belt buckles and such? That's too cool for words. Never got around to picking something like that up, because there's so few bands I'd wear all the time like that. DT, however, is one. Good stuff.

Plintus - remind me not to wear it to work the next day. They might figure out I'm not just hoarse from the 'cold' I'm gonna have.

Well, I'll be sure to contribute to the "keep DT from being poor on tour" foundation.

~kov.

...+ travel to Stockholm to assure the US Embassy that we don't sacrifice kittens at the altar of Bin Ladin...

Well, that sounds fun! :Smokin:

New merch = awesome, truly there was too few items to choose from on the last tours :erk:

Well, I'll be sure to contribute to the "keep DT from being poor on tour" foundation.

We founded "keep DT from being sober on tour" fund a few years back, our response to AA :heh:

But yeah, if you don't want to wear dt's belt buckle at work - you can leave your pants at home as well :D

We founded "keep DT from being sober on tour" fund a few years back, our response to AA :heh:

But yeah, if you don't want to wear dt's belt buckle at work - you can leave your pants at home as well :D

I'm betting that was a smashed success :D

And let's try and make sure I don't walk out of my house pants-less. Besides, if I get that trashed, work is gonna be absolute hell. Although, perhaps I could leave early - the combination should be enough to convince them I'm sick :p

~kov.

@Niklas: I hope the closest stop of your tour to my whereabouts will be less than 600 km, but this time Im determined to see you no matter what!!!

On topic: listening to Inside the Particle Storm and drinking delicious white wine, while your wife is lying in your lap - what the hell could be better??!!! Now burst with envy. *

*sorry, Im drunk.

Oh man. This concert is going to end up eating an entire paycheck, isn't it? :p First, the concert ticket, then the plane ticket, then food, and now I'll probably have to spend an assload of money on merch too, and wear it to work for the next week, to celebrate/advertise Fiction. (I work in a CD store -- I think I mentioned that before -- although I bet we aren't even going to carry it, because we have a rather limited selection.)

I'm excited. Spending money is always fun.

Edit: Also, I am glad my avatar is frightening.

You can always cut on the superfluous and, say, never eat again.

That would be a money saver. Unfortunately, I must have my sushi.

My only gripe with DT at the moment...

is the fact that they're not coming to calgary. Fuck promoters and not jumping on it in time.

I guess now i'll just wait for another opening gig with opeth

That makes two of us, although it is definitely not a gripe with the band itself.

...I wonder if I've ever seen you at a show or anything. I'm a girl, but not one of the little goth ones who wear platform boots and text message while the bands are playing. That should narrow it down a bit. :p

I'm a girl, but not one of the little goth ones who wear platform boots and text message while the bands are playing.

Thank you, I'm not interested.

Kov thinks you are a... wtf is that creature called? Kov, we didn't learn how to spell in Darnassus, help me out here!

Just to get things straight:
The clean vox on Projector are better than on Fiction.
The Female vox could be better. Skydancer takes #1 with female vocals! :kickass:
The only thing that was missing on this album are the acoustic guitars.
The solos are just :loco: perfect!

+ I have a feeling that Blind At Heart was composed during the Damage Done session, except the solo ofcourse. :p