Fiction [New Album Spoilers Highly Likely. Read At Own Risk]

You know, Plin - you could try describing it so I'd know what you wanted me to spell :p

Although, I do believe you meant a Murloc, now that I think about it, hehe.

~kov.

Yes, exactly, thank you =)

Now back to the topic before rahvin penetrates me with his lightning.

There will be an EP released after the summer with at least one previously unreleased song from the "Fiction" sessions. In addition, we heard today that there are plans to have some kind of pre-release sampler available at the US tour to compensate for the fact that the real album isn't out then.

Well I'm GLAD to hear that - I can't wait for you guys to come to NYC so I can get that EP. I was wondering how that would work out, touring in support of an album that hasn't been released in the States yet. I hope you bring boatloads of merch so you can actually make money instead of losing it.

BlackAshInheritance: I have to disagree with you. The female vocals on the Gallery and the Mind's I were 10x better than Skydancer (the woman on Skydancer was slightly out of key for much of it if you listen carefully). Honestly I'm not sure where they could have fit an acoustic guitar into the material on Fiction. The only possibility I think would be the unreleased track that will be part of the EP mentioned above. Cross your fingers!

BlackAshInheritance: I have to disagree with you. The female vocals on the Gallery and the Mind's I were 10x better than Skydancer (the woman on Skydancer was slightly out of key for much of it if you listen carefully). Honestly I'm not sure where they could have fit an acoustic guitar into the material on Fiction. The only possibility I think would be the unreleased track that will be part of the EP mentioned above. Cross your fingers!

Um, as you are saying that acoustic guitars wouldn't fit on Fiction, how can any stronger track worth an EP have them? My guess is bonus track - an instrumental one.

I'd love to see a remix or two on the EP.

Um, as you are saying that acoustic guitars wouldn't fit on Fiction, how can any stronger track worth an EP have them? My guess is bonus track - an instrumental one.

My point exactly.

If there is an EP with remixes, I would like to see them done by Brändström. I really liked The Endless Feed (Chaos Seed Remix) and Derivation TNB. The fact that he's been able to integrate himself seemlessly into DT and contribute to their sound significantly speaks to his talent.

I don't like remixes very much. Derivation TNB was ok since it was partly a new song but I can't say I would prefer the chaos seed remix to the original one. I think it would be better (for me) if there was only new material on the EP including an instrumental song.

Cover officially from CM:

index_02.gif

http://www.centurymedia.de/dt_interview/

nice cover. thx for posting
and it still remembers me of the last pelican album...

well for the ep I think that it will be a kind of single for Misery`s Crown as this song is also transformed into visual life(I remember something written somewhere about this as second video. And as some know its some kind of "commercial" song*g* anyway,who cares. its a good one)
and more dt releases are always something I like. and some remixes would be great too

That would be a money saver. Unfortunately, I must have my sushi.

That makes two of us, although it is definitely not a gripe with the band itself.

...I wonder if I've ever seen you at a show or anything. I'm a girl, but not one of the little goth ones who wear platform boots and text message while the bands are playing. That should narrow it down a bit. :p

haha. It is possible. I attend almost every metal show that comes. The Local bands at mac hall, Arch Enemy, Cradle Of Filth when they were here last, and Dimmu when they come in may (fucking ace!) I usually go around in my leather jacket, unless it's a show (that thing gets really hot :p)

You can check me out here if you so choose:
http://plus.www.nexopia.com/profile.php?uid=464014

Seriously, I hope DT comes back. I thought they said they would be back headlining when they were here with opeth? unless memory serves me wrong :(

I was a basher but i like this album way better then Character, character is def my least favorite dt album.

Sorry, but Fiction simply does not stand next to Character. It's a good nostalgia for DT fans but does it top the energy of Lost To Apathy or heartfeltness of My Negation? Not quite. Basically a 'safe' album following the more experimental Character like Damage Done was after Haven. The vocals however are brilliant, possibly Mikael's best.

Sorry, but Fiction simply does not stand next to Character. It's a good nostalgia for DT fans but does it top the energy of Lost To Apathy or heartfeltness of My Negation? Not quite. Basically a 'safe' album following the more experimental Character like Damage Done was after Haven. The vocals however are brilliant, possibly Mikael's best.

Well sorry, but youre wrong. What nostalgia, where? Ive known DT since Void of Tranquillity times, and I dont feel any nostalgia when listening to Fiction, quite the contrary, like awaken after a long long sleep (through DD and Character - if anything was "safe" in their career, then its these two). Fiction brings a plenty of new stuff, the riffs simply kill, the arrangements are excellent, the atmosphere is so thick you can cut it.

Well, as one of the people who said it reminded me of earlier DT, what I mostly meant was that there were definitely places where I could see influences from albums up to and including Projector - Inside the Particle Storm, in particular, resonates strongly with sounds from that album. That's not to say that there wasn't alot of new stuff brought in with this album. It's actually the thing I like most about DT - they don't just revisit old sounds, but constantly build upon them.

~kov.

I'm a girl, but not one of the little goth ones who wear platform boots and text message while the bands are playing. That should narrow it down a bit. :p

You're saying you're a huge gal in a pink sweater and tennis shoes, standing to attention at every concert. Glad you cleared that out for us. :p