Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't

First of all I was an Anthrax fan long before I even knew who the hell John Bush was, so don't assume that ALL Anthrax fans went through your so-called "torture" during the Bush years ---- because just as there where people who became Anthrax fans only during the Bush years, there are a shitload more of us who actually stuck with Anthrax, and did not jump off the bandwagon only to jump back on because Joey's back.

And I saw Joey Belladonna live solo, before the reunion tour and my god he sounded like garbage, don't tell me what I heard. And while I will admit that I did not get the opportunity to go to any of the reunion shows, so I could be wrong --- I still hold to the fact that what I am hearing now from recent clips on youtube sounds like a much tighter and happier band then what I heard on clips posted from the reunion tour.

and lastly there is nothing more that I hate then the term "BushThrax" fans,

I'm an Anthrax fan dickhead, always was.

Best post in months man. I couldn't have put it better myself, especially your last line. There's only been one wagon jumper around here. We all know who that is.

First of all I was an Anthrax fan long before I even knew who the hell John Bush was, so don't assume that ALL Anthrax fans went through your so-called "torture" during the Bush years ---- because just as there where people who became Anthrax fans only during the Bush years, there are a shitload more of us who actually stuck with Anthrax, and did not jump off the bandwagon only to jump back on because Joey's back.

And I saw Joey Belladonna live solo, before the reunion tour and my god he sounded like garbage, don't tell me what I heard. And while I will admit that I did not get the opportunity to go to any of the reunion shows, so I could be wrong --- I still hold to the fact that what I am hearing now from recent clips on youtube sounds like a much tighter and happier band then what I heard on clips posted from the reunion tour.

Well said, couldn't agree more.

I won't assume that ALL fans jumped ship during the Bushthrax years, because yes that would be foolish. But I will tell you that it is a fact MOST fans Anthrax jumped ship when the band changed their sound and became Bushthrax. Why did they do this? Because Anthrax turned into a band that barely resembled the same band that put out amazing albums like Among, POT, STD etc. They should have honestly changed their name to avoid this drama that goes on with the Bushthrax fans crying about the Joey era and so forth.

As for Joey sounding like garbage. Okay fine so you thought he sounded like garbage one night.. do you think he lost his voice and then all of a sudden just found it again? Really? I can put a ton of clips from youtube on here that John Bush sounded horrible on.. I can find clips where just about any good vocalist sounded bad on youtube. And yes you are wrong. Joey and the rest of the band including Spitz sounded amazing on the reunion tour. Not every single second of every single show is going to always be amazing. But over all the reunion tour was bad ass. I went to several of the dates and it was incredible. The band didn't all of a sudden start playing their instruments better and Joeys voice didn't all of a sudden just 'come back'. That's ridiculous.

I am very proud of you that you always stuck by the band when they formed into Bushthrax that is awesome. You can go to the next Anthrax show wearing your Volume 8 tour shirt that they printed about 500 of at the time, it will certainly be a collectors item. Maybe one day they can play one of the awful Bushthrax songs from the Vol 8 era on tour and give the crowd a nice break to go get some fresh air from thrashing to the Anthrax tunes. You and the 10 Bushthrax fans can remain in the crowd and talk about how awesome you all are for sticking by the band when they sucked... Scott Ian may even give you a wink :D

No, No, No, no. If you like the bush era you hate the band...and america.

You must be a Terrorist!

terrorists.jpg

I am very proud of you that you always stuck by the band when they formed into Bushthrax that is awesome. You can go to the next Anthrax show wearing your Volume 8 tour shirt that they printed about 500 of at the time, it will certainly be a collectors item. Maybe one day they can play one of the awful Bushthrax songs from the Vol 8 era on tour and give the crowd a nice break to go get some fresh air from thrashing to the Anthrax tunes. You and the 10 Bushthrax fans can remain in the crowd and talk about how awesome you all are for sticking by the band when they sucked... Scott Ian may even give you a wink :D

You forgot to mention that he should be having dildo up his ass.

I won't assume that ALL fans jumped ship during the Bushthrax years, because yes that would be foolish. But I will tell you that it is a fact MOST fans Anthrax jumped ship when the band changed their sound and became Bushthrax. Why did they do this? Because Anthrax turned into a band that barely resembled the same band that put out amazing albums like Among, POT, STD etc. They should have honestly changed their name to avoid this drama that goes on with the Bushthrax fans crying about the Joey era and so forth.

As for Joey sounding like garbage. Okay fine so you thought he sounded like garbage one night.. do you think he lost his voice and then all of a sudden just found it again? Really? I can put a ton of clips from youtube on here that John Bush sounded horrible on.. I can find clips where just about any good vocalist sounded bad on youtube. And yes you are wrong. Joey and the rest of the band including Spitz sounded amazing on the reunion tour. Not every single second of every single show is going to always be amazing. But over all the reunion tour was bad ass. I went to several of the dates and it was incredible. The band didn't all of a sudden start playing their instruments better and Joeys voice didn't all of a sudden just 'come back'. That's ridiculous.

Hey look everybody, it's 3 paragraphs of maidenfan talking out his ass. Better good a good look at it now because it's not like you see this sort of thing EVERY DAY.

I too was listening to Anthrax before John Bush joined the band and like most of us still here we stuck by the band though the 90's and maybe some of us have more of a connection to the Bush era because we were there from the start with SOWN.

I certainly dont think of the Bush years as torture but the worst kind of Anthrax fan is those that refused to give it a chance and immediately dismiss it as bullshit because they themselves are fuckheads. Boo hoo hoo, its not good because its not thrash etc, just a boring old arguement now like idiots still bitching about Metallica selling out.

I too was listening to Anthrax before John Bush joined the band and like most of us still here we stuck by the band though the 90's and maybe some of us have more of a connection to the Bush era because we were there from the start with SOWN.

I certainly dont think of the Bush years as torture but the worst kind of Anthrax fan is those that refused to give it a chance and immediately dismiss it as bullshit because they themselves are fuckheads.

Ive been a fan since Among The Living and all I can say is this band writes good songs no matter what the song structure or vocalist may be. Some people are narrow minded. Anthrax's brilliance in the bush era was in not making the same record twice. There is a common thread with A.T.L.,P.O.T. AND S.O.U. it would have been very easy to be complacent and not evolve, making the same record over and over again. Slayer have been doing that for years....playing it safe.

Don't delude yourself. You have none here.

He has Thrashard - he's a prick too. A pair of pricks.

Anyway, I've been a fan since before Bush too. I don't think people are narrow minded if they don't like Bush's time in the band - each to their own, not everyone likes the same stuff. Fair enough.
It just so happens I, and many of you here, like both eras, and it's got really old seeing Maidenfan posting the same tired old Bush-bashing shit every day.
You can fuck off now Maidenfan, everyone's had enough. :wave:

He has Thrashard - he's a prick too. A pair of pricks.

Anyway, I've been a fan since before Bush too. I don't think people are narrow minded if they don't like Bush's time in the band - each to their own, not everyone likes the same stuff. Fair enough.
It just so happens I, and many of you here, like both eras, and it's got really old seeing Maidenfan posting the same tired old Bush-bashing shit every day.
You can fuck off now Maidenfan, everyone's had enough. :wave:

Are Maidenfan and Thrashard the same person? Seems like it sometimes.

Are Maidenfan and Thrashard the same person? Seems like it sometimes.

Thrashard and I are definitely not the same. In fact Thrashard really enjoys Sound of White Noise, one of his favorite Thrax albums and doesn't really like POT. I am the opposite. But Thrashard doesn't like anything after SOWN which is completely understandable.

You Bushthrax lovers need to chill the fuck out sometimes and realize that people like myself get a kick out of watching you cry and whine like babies when it is suggested that Busthrax was horrible. Its great entertainment at your expense.

Don't expect me or anyone else to stop. I very rarely will ever personally attack anyone. I will certainly speak my mind but it rarely ever turns personal. Most of you Bushthrax fans love to turn things to a personal level. It is just a forum. I speak my mind big deal. Get over it