Has Anthrax become the joke band of metal?? Seriously.

jdelpi said:
The power of suggestion was pretty obvious by the tone of the question and knowing your history. If Billy Milano asked "is Charlie a little pussy?" QUOTE]

Is he? -Just kidding.

fah-q said:
jdelpi said:
The power of suggestion was pretty obvious by the tone of the question and knowing your history. If Billy Milano asked "is Charlie a little pussy?" QUOTE]

Is he? -Just kidding.
Well, you are what you eat!:lol:

ThraxEm said:
no reuinion=no label=no money=no anthrax.
choices: do it or give up
what would you rather have seen happen? yeah it blows but it is what it is.
I personally would rather see Anthrax call it a day.... but I don't think that was their only choice.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
You seriously don't like anything recorded before POT? I'm just curious.:)

I'm not sure if this question is directed at me or not, but what the hell.

Yes, I dig old Anthrax albums. Back in the day I was a huge fan, saw them on the Among, SOE, and POT tours. My room was covered in nothing but Anthrax posters and pics. When they fired Joey I was pissed, this was my favorite band, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and went and saw them open for Fight on the SOWN tour and John blew me away with his singing, especially on the old stuff. He added the power that those songs lacked vocally. I went and saw the first reunion show they did here in Chicago last year too, again giving it the benefit of the doubt, and I ended up leaving, as well as the people I was with, about 6 songs into it. It just wasn't the same. To me the fire was gone and I was watching a cheesey cover band. I wanted to like it, I was hoping I would've liked it. After being such a big fan back in the day I figured as crappy as I think this whole thing is, being the way they handled it and the timing and all, that it would bring back that old feeling and it would be one of the coolest things to see again. Instead it made me realize that those days in the 80's are gone. This version in my opinion cannot stand up with the bands of today, or the ones that are still going from back then, Slayer, Megadeth, etc. The singing is dated and the songs, as great as they are, seemed to take a whole helluva lot of steps backwards in terms of power that I think Bush brought to them. This band may not be the "thrash" band that they were in the 80's, but I think that's a great thing, who wants the same old shit on every album?? Over the years with Bush Anthrax grew musically and broadend their spectrum of music, they matured more as a band. I know Joey was in the band shorter than John, but with Bush singing there is nothing they can't do musically, with Joey it seems like he's vocally only one style and that's all you get, you can't get the aggression out of Belladonna's voice that you can from John's. Joey can hit higher notes than John, but if ya ask me that's all he can do better.

So, do I like any pre Bush albums, FUCK YEAH!!!! Do I like the reunion, FUCK NO!!! Bush, IN MY OPINION, is the only singer for Anthrax now.

Wow, not since Steve Perry was fired from Journey have I seen such controversy.
All kidding aside. . . Can we really judge this until we hear some new material with Joey singing?

fah-q said:
Wow, not since Steve Perry was fired from Journey have I seen such controversy.
All kidding aside. . . Can we really judge this until we hear some new material with Joey singing?
Yes.

I personally couldn't give a toss what other bands think, even Tom's opinion, about Anthrax.

As for Slayer - I love their stuff but Christ Illusion is just the same old same old to me from them.

Gimme WCFYA any day of the week.

PSSS Anthrax RULES

Dredd74 said:
... I went and saw the first reunion show they did here in Chicago last year too, again giving it the benefit of the doubt, and I ended up leaving, as well as the people I was with, about 6 songs into it. It just wasn't the same. To me the fire was gone and I was watching a cheesey cover band...
I was there too, great show, you should've stuck around. How can you judge the whole reunion on just 6 songs that early in the tour? I'm not trying to rag on ya, just wondering if you really gave it much of a chance.

very funny words from araya,put them up against anthrax live and we will see who kiscks whos ass,slayer arent much chop live,anthrax has one of the best live shows ever...

MikeyBong said:
I was there too, great show, you should've stuck around. How can you judge the whole reunion on just 6 songs that early in the tour? I'm not trying to rag on ya, just wondering if you really gave it much of a chance.

Well, usually I expect a band to get better as it goes. The Among opener was cool, but it all sounded like shit after that to me. And as soon as Joey started singing Deathrider my ears could take no more. And like I said, I was with a group of people and none of them wanted to stay either. If one wanted to stay we would've, but nobody did. Being a fan since 86, and seeing Joey back then with them, I think 6 songs was more than enough to give this the proper chance. I did, it blew, we left. After hearing John's voice on the tunes, I could judge who the better singer is after 2 or 3 songs, it's not worth sitting through an hour and a half of what I think is WAY less than the typical 110% that Anthrax brings to the stage. I also watched the new dvd with Belladonna, skipping over Deathrider of course, and it sounded just as bad to me as it did the night at House Of Blues. I feel I gave this plenty of chances. Trust me, I wanted to be able to say I liked this, but I can't settle for crap.

mrthrax said:
very funny words from araya,put them up against anthrax live and we will see who kiscks whos ass,slayer arent much chop live,anthrax has one of the best live shows ever...

I don't know, Anthrax used to be pretty extreme live, but Slayer filled the Aragon Ballroom here in Chicago a month ago, and Anthrax still had tickets available for their show at the club in Mokena, IL. So Slayer seems to be doing something right.

Dredd74 said:
I don't know, Anthrax used to be pretty extreme live, but Slayer filled the Aragon Ballroom here in Chicago a month ago, and Anthrax still had tickets available for their show at the club in Mokena, IL. So Slayer seems to be doing something right.

would u agree that slayer has always had a bloody good fanbase,they never have really wavered,there was never gonna be a dramatc diff with lombardo back,2 diff circumstances,imagine if slayer changed singers when they were huge?,cant really compare i suppose.

mrthrax said:
would u agree that slayer has always had a bloody good fanbase,they never have really wavered,there was never gonna be a dramatc diff with lombardo back,2 diff circumstances,imagine if slayer changed singers when they were huge?,cant really compare i suppose.

true, but are you going to sit here and say that when lombardo left and was replaced by bostaph that slayers sound didnt change at all? There is quite a few similarities and i like how this is starting to turn into a slayer vs. anthrax thread. If anything people in this thread are trying to rip on them since they actually are honest and give their opinion. I wish other bands we as honest, including the one where i am posting in their message board

You guys sound like a bunch of crying women.

Anthrax is doing their thing, hopefully having a good time, and if we are lucky we MIGHT get another album. I've been a fan for 15-odd years, and in that time Anthrax was never the hugest band in the world----just one of the best.

As far as Slayer goes, they are like Iron Maiden---they kept it together long enough that a whole new of kids generation figured out how cool they are. If Anthrax keeps pounding away at it, they'll get their due.

Dredd74 said:
I'm not sure if this question is directed at me or not, but what the hell.

Yes, I dig old Anthrax albums. Back in the day I was a huge fan, saw them on the Among, SOE, and POT tours. My room was covered in nothing but Anthrax posters and pics. When they fired Joey I was pissed, this was my favorite band, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and went and saw them open for Fight on the SOWN tour and John blew me away with his singing, especially on the old stuff. He added the power that those songs lacked vocally. I went and saw the first reunion show they did here in Chicago last year too, again giving it the benefit of the doubt, and I ended up leaving, as well as the people I was with, about 6 songs into it. It just wasn't the same. To me the fire was gone and I was watching a cheesey cover band. I wanted to like it, I was hoping I would've liked it. After being such a big fan back in the day I figured as crappy as I think this whole thing is, being the way they handled it and the timing and all, that it would bring back that old feeling and it would be one of the coolest things to see again. Instead it made me realize that those days in the 80's are gone. This version in my opinion cannot stand up with the bands of today, or the ones that are still going from back then, Slayer, Megadeth, etc. The singing is dated and the songs, as great as they are, seemed to take a whole helluva lot of steps backwards in terms of power that I think Bush brought to them. This band may not be the "thrash" band that they were in the 80's, but I think that's a great thing, who wants the same old shit on every album?? Over the years with Bush Anthrax grew musically and broadend their spectrum of music, they matured more as a band. I know Joey was in the band shorter than John, but with Bush singing there is nothing they can't do musically, with Joey it seems like he's vocally only one style and that's all you get, you can't get the aggression out of Belladonna's voice that you can from John's. Joey can hit higher notes than John, but if ya ask me that's all he can do better.

So, do I like any pre Bush albums, FUCK YEAH!!!! Do I like the reunion, FUCK NO!!! Bush, IN MY OPINION, is the only singer for Anthrax now.

I was actually asking that walking dead 666 guy but I can respect your opinion as you put it out so well.