Here's the real Joke of the day!

johnnieCzech said:
You're probably right but that doesn't mean (unfortunately) that CRAP is not popular here!
Good God, you've got that right! I'm constantly perplexed by the crap that people listen to; what's with the Czech/German/Dutch/etc. obsession with Euro-trash dance/club music? Pop and mainstream rock in the U.S. might be generic but the mainstream airwaves aren't relentlessly bombarded with crap like that! Some Dutch guys said to me "so you like that guitar stuff"--what, all of fucking rock-and-roll?! And Kiss (the cheeseball Czech radio station) is another abomination I have to suffer through. Cheesedick dance remix of Highway to Hell?! :guh: I guess most people really have no taste. Rant over. (I admit I like Radio Jedna and of course Radio Beat.)

Drokk said:
Good God, you've got that right! I'm constantly perplexed by the crap that people listen to; what's with the Czech/German/Dutch/etc. obsession with Euro-trash dance/club music? Pop and mainstream rock in the U.S. might be generic but the mainstream airwaves aren't relentlessly bombarded with crap like that! Some Dutch guys said to me "so you like that guitar stuff"--what, all of fucking rock-and-roll?! And Kiss (the cheeseball Czech radio station) is another abomination I have to suffer through. Cheesedick dance remix of Highway to Hell?! :guh: I guess most people really have no taste. Rant over. (I admit I like Radio Jedna and of course Radio Beat.)

Radio Rockzone is good. Radio Beat is too much for oldies and I can't stand the DJs on Radio 1.

strik9 said:
Excellent point! Tix are $56.75 for the show I'm going to, which isn't cheap either! I know people who would love to go, but don't wanna/can't pay that price for tix, not to mention gas for the 2 hour drive, which ain't cheap itself these days! Personally I know more people who are into Anthrax since the reunion, than before it when Bush was in the band.

WCFYA Tour: Glasgow Garage: sold out, upgraded to Glasgow Barrowlands (sold out again) with little advertising
Reunion Tour: Glasgow Barrowlands: tickets available on the door, plently of media coverage...

Jockthrax said:
WCFYA Tour: Glasgow Garage: sold out, upgraded to Glasgow Barrowlands (sold out again) with little advertising
Reunion Tour: Glasgow Barrowlands: tickets available on the door, plently of media coverage...

When was the last time Anthrax came to Glasgow before the WCFYA tour? 1988? That'd account for the turnout imo. Even the most die hard Bush Anthrax fan has to admit ticket sales are better overall on the reunion tour so far than on WCFYA. Sure they played some big festivals with Bush on that tour, but were they headlining those festivals? No. They headlined a bunch last summer with Joey.

strik9 said:
When was the last time Anthrax came to Glasgow before the WCFYA tour? 1988? That'd account for the turnout imo. Even the most die hard Bush Anthrax fan has to admit ticket sales are better overall on the reunion tour so far than on WCFYA. Sure they played some big festivals with Bush on that tour, but were they headlining those festivals? No. They headlined a bunch last summer with Joey.

The Stomp tour was their last headlining gig in Glasgow before that, however they did play with Motorhead a few months beforehand and played a further two sold out concerts in the following year....

strik9 said:

1988? is that true? i thought we had it bad in oz. i also agree with the turn outs.

strik9 said:
Even the most die hard Bush Anthrax fan has to admit ticket sales are better overall on the reunion tour so far than on WCFYA.
Yeah.... but these are Judas Priest shows. It doesn't seem to me as though they are headlining any arena dates. Which is fine, but I don't think there is, or will be a new demand for Anthrax as a result of this reunion tour. I know there is a lot of Old School fans here, and going to the Reunion shows.... but I don't think this is a wave they will be able to keep riding.
I see it like this. In 2003, the "What doesn't Die" video started showing up on fairly Regular rotation. Then, shortly after we started seeing "Deathrider" and there was all this Buzz about the Headbanging Video... Even on the Pop video stations. And then.....nothing. After all the long years of Grunge and Alternative, one of the Pillar Metal bands starts to re-emerge, and then they go and do this, just as the momentum is starting to build. This was probably their last chance to say, "Hey man we fuckin' OWN this shit!" It’s such a fuckin’ shame. I feel like we may have just watched Anthrax drown, two feet from shore.
Anyway... that's just how I see it. Hope they prove me wrong.

I really don't understand how some of you think Anthrax was doing better off with John Bush. Look at the size of the venues they've been playing with Joey in comparison to when Bush was in the band. Every time they came to Philly with Bush they played The Troc (which maximum capacity is only around 1,000 at the very most) and it seemed like hardly anybody would go. I bet that when they're on the road again in January they'll be playing a bigger club OR selling out The Troc.

I'm sick of all of these Bush fanboys. Can't you all just accept that he's out of the band and not have to put them down for it?

TraderInDeath said:
I really don't understand how some of you think Anthrax was doing better off with John Bush. Look at the size of the venues they've been playing with Joey in comparison to when Bush was in the band. Every time they came to Philly with Bush they played The Troc (which maximum capacity is only around 1,000 at the very most) and it seemed like hardly anybody would go. I bet that when they're on the road again in January they'll be playing a bigger club OR selling out The Troc.

I'm sick of all of these Bush fanboys. Can't you all just accept that he's out of the band and not have to put them down for it?

Im not having a dig at the reunion, it's okay while it lasts. Im just pointing out that here in Glasgow at least Anthrax played the same venue as Bushthrax did and didn't sell it out. Bushthrax did.

TraderInDeath said:

Are you for real dude... you can't see that Anthrax is OPENNING for Judas Priest. That's the fucking venue they are playing today. Holy fuck. So, your measure of success is thet they have regressed to opening for a washed up '80s band... nice. What I love the most is that If I prefer Bush... I'm a fanboy... but if you prefer Joey, you're supposed to be some kind of purest. What-fuckin-ever.