Here's the real Joke of the day!

Revolting Clown

New Metal Member
Jun 8, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Quoted in this morning's paper that Anthrax "didn't play to much more than club sized crowd" opening for priest the other night. That's pretty fucking sad since the show was promoted for months. Where are the thousands of people wanting to see this reunion or is it just in Scott and Charlie's head? So much for taking the "Kiss" approach. Good going guys. I hope it was worth it losing John and Rob
for this sad attempt to relive the glory days! Let's face it, the reunion is not making headlines. :cry:
That is the real joke of the day!

Well there's only 300's left for the London, Ontario show. There should be somewhere around 3000 people there. I'd say that's a little bigger than a club show! It sucks that some shows have a shitty turnout though!

johnnieCzech said:
Priest played for about 12 000 ppl in Czech for the last 3 times.

Funny you mentioned that cause Priest is actually pretty popular in my neck of the woods. Last summer I saw them with Slayer at an Off-Fest date, and there were over 10,000 people there! I was actually surprised at the turnout!

johnnieCzech said:
So maybe it's just different in the States...

Maybe. Metal's making something of a comeback where I live, but
overall, regardless of genre, it's hardly what I'd call popular (which is a good thing imo). I'm sure there are places in the U.S. where it's just as popular, if not moreso, maybe not? . Your guess is as good as mine concerning the States!

I know tonight's show isn't going to be sold out but I don't blame that on a lack of interest in Anthrax. Sayerville show they headlined, sold out, jammed packed, couldn't move. Now with Judas Priest they are playing for an hour, the drive is an extra 1 1/2 away from me and the tickets are $75. I'm sure that there are people that would like to go but aren't going to pay $75 for a ticket for an hour of Anthrax, no matter how much they like them. Thats a steep price for an hour.

eighteeschick said:
I know tonight's show isn't going to be sold out but I don't blame that on a lack of interest in Anthrax. Sayerville show they headlined, sold out, jammed packed, couldn't move. Now with Judas Priest they are playing for an hour, the drive is an extra 1 1/2 away from me and the tickets are $75. I'm sure that there are people that would like to go but aren't going to pay $75 for a ticket for an hour of Anthrax, no matter how much they like them. Thats a steep price for an hour.

Excellent point! Tix are $56.75 for the show I'm going to, which isn't cheap either! I know people who would love to go, but don't wanna/can't pay that price for tix, not to mention gas for the 2 hour drive, which ain't cheap itself these days! Personally I know more people who are into Anthrax since the reunion, than before it when Bush was in the band.

strik9 said:
Excellent point! Tix are $56.75 for the show I'm going to, which isn't cheap either! I know people who would love to go, but don't wanna/can't pay that price for tix, not to mention gas for the 2 hour drive, which ain't cheap itself these days!

This is very coincidental. Yesterday I asked someone from the CDC who lives in Jersey if they are going to the show tonight. His response was no and his reason is because of the price of the ticket (and if you are in the CDC you can check that out if you want). Don't get me wrong, I know that people like myself are going to the show tonight (there is a girl coming from Flushing for it) but just because some are willing to make the drive and pay the price doesn't meant that everyone who likes Anthrax can afford the price or what to take the drive.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Aye, but Europeans (mainland) tend to prefer older bands whereas shite is more popular in the UK and US.

You're probably right but that doesn't mean (unfortunately) that CRAP is not popular in here!

anthrax packed the barrowlands when they were here and it was like the 4th time in a couple of years. So as far as a lack of interest goes i think you and the point you made is the joke of the day

the_walking_dude said:
anthrax packed the barrowlands when they were here and it was like the 4th time in a couple of years. So as far as a lack of interest goes i think you and the point you made is the joke of the day

How many does The Barrowlands hold? When I saw Anthrax this summer in Colchester it sold out very quickly (within 2 weeks i would say) but that was a small venue of about 450-500

I saw Anthrax/Priest on sept.27th in Champaign,ILL.
Tix were $43.00
It was setup to seat 3,000 people and only around 1,095 tix were sold the last i heard.
It's a college town surrounded by miles and miles of farmland.
They are playing small market venues on this tour.
And everyone was sitting during anthrax set until scott said to get up becouse "theres no sitting in metal" and no one sat the rest of the night.
It's odd that a tour like this is hardly selling any tix and playing small market venues. Its kind of a let down.
But i enjoyed the show and they played like they were in front of 10,000 people.
I am for one very happy for this reunion and if it makes the band happy doing this then so be it. more power to them.

Barrowlands holds 1900. They played the Garage in Glasgow with Bush which is only half that size not long befor the reunion was anounced.

anthrax played to around 2500 on reunion tour here is sydney australia,a bit healthier than for wcfya tour,some of u guys have your blinkers on,look at the bigger picture,with this reunion they have headlined some great places they otherwise would not have had the opportunity to do,what better way to keep your name up in lights.

mrthrax said:
anthrax played to around 2500 on reunion tour here is sydney australia,a bit healthier than for wcfya tour,some of u guys have your blinkers on,look at the bigger picture,with this reunion they have headlined some great places they otherwise would not have had the opportunity to do,what better way to keep your name up in lights.

:headbang: I TOTALLY agree! Anthrax has got more media attention since the reunion than they've had in years. Regardless of the tone of the article, or how cool the mag is/isn't, when was the last time they had an article in Revolver with the Bush lineup? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've also been playing to bigger crowds, world-wide with the reunion lineup. I think Anthrax deserves any break they get!

should also add they might plat to same size crowds sometimes but its strictly an anthrax crowd,beefore they needed 3 bands supporting and had a very mixed crowd.