Has Anthrax become the joke band of metal?? Seriously.

Mickenglanduk said:
You are wasting your time posting here, the people who keep talking shit will keep talking shit whether they know the facts or not. They call themselves fans but keep chipping with crap comments but what is the point of that, they ain't gonna change your mind about what happens within Anthrax.

And as for Slayer, they were good 10-15 years ago but Anthrax still sound fresh and exciting, well to me they do.
Slayer still sound fucking excellent as well though. :headbang: :headbang:

ThraxEm said:
Do cover bands exist that contain founding members of the band they are covering? :Smug:
I believe there was a Megadeth cover band with Dave Ellefson. Gregadeth would probably know more about this than me though.

Dredd74 said:
Well, usually I expect a band to get better as it goes. The Among opener was cool, but it all sounded like shit after that to me. And as soon as Joey started singing Deathrider my ears could take no more. And like I said, I was with a group of people and none of them wanted to stay either. If one wanted to stay we would've, but nobody did. Being a fan since 86, and seeing Joey back then with them, I think 6 songs was more than enough to give this the proper chance. I did, it blew, we left. After hearing John's voice on the tunes, I could judge who the better singer is after 2 or 3 songs, it's not worth sitting through an hour and a half of what I think is WAY less than the typical 110% that Anthrax brings to the stage. I also watched the new dvd with Belladonna, skipping over Deathrider of course, and it sounded just as bad to me as it did the night at House Of Blues. I feel I gave this plenty of chances. Trust me, I wanted to be able to say I liked this, but I can't settle for crap.

so leave....

Black Thirteen said:
"but how much control do bands have in picking their opening act on a major tour??"
100% control. Rob hand picked us and paid us what we wanted. Halford and Tipton picked us for Priest. Mustaine wanted us on the whole Gigantour and we said no.
I don't know where Tom gets his info from or why he would choose to be negative without facts. I also don't know why they continually talk shit and then are nice to my face. Why do Tom and Kerry feel the need to even mention us? I have my opinions about the new Slayer record and I don't feel the need to call Revolver and do an interview about it good or bad. Who gives a fuck? We did better business over the 136 reunion shows tix and merch wise than we have since SOWN and in Europe even better. The crowd is younger as well. The LA show last week is my case in point. 2 sold out shows in LA in 8 months and all kids who I bet most of didn't know that it was a reunion tour. Oh, and we couldn't get an offer for Download until the reunion. Whatever. Am I wasting my time posting here? Maybe. I just want to get the facts straight. BigPhat rules.

Slayer talks shit about everyone... Their music kicks ass though! You also arent wasting your time posting. There are still alot of fans that love what you are doing. Keep kicking ass and congradulations on all the great shows.

MikeyBong said:
I believe there was a Megadeth cover band with Dave Ellefson. Gregadeth would probably know more about this than me though.

No No.. He just played a couple tunes with them. Also, I think the new Slayer disc is pretty good. But I think I liked GHUA better.

tomass74 said:
No No.. He just played a couple tunes with them. Also, I think the new Slayer disc is pretty good. But I think I liked GHUA better.

There is nothing really stand out on the new slayer cd. It seems very phoned in.

AlexStomp said:
I haven't heard bands diss the reunion but I haven't exactly heard other bands herald this as the BE ALL END ALL of Anthrax line ups eithers. As much as I dislike this reunion for my own reasons (I also like it for my own reasons too, after all, it's the Anthrax line up that got me hooked in the first place), I'll let the next originall LP do the talking for me. Sell out crowds are great but it's not a way to gauge how well a band is doing.

I think that best sums it all up in a nutshell for me, too.

tomass74 said:
No No.. He just played a couple tunes with them.
Thanks for the correction, I had heard it was a permanent thing a while ago, but hadn't heard anything on it lately.