Has Anthrax become the joke band of metal?? Seriously.

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I say that a band becomes a joke when their fans start to discuss some other band's video with male asses in it.
Haha EXACTLY.
End of discussion.

Regardless of what other band members from what ever band or regular folks say, every individual should stick to there opinion. I like pantera but i dont give a shit about what Phil Anselmo thinks about my what im doing or how i think. Trackin?

:kickass:

spacebeer said:
LOL indeed, I thought they were more of a cover band with the Bush, Cannagio and Vera line up.....

Bush was in longer, the other guys may have been temps.

Yah, Im not the biggest fan but, i can appreciate what they have accomplished. I hear alot of bands that are excellent but dont make it when bands like Limp Bizkit do. Rollin, Rollin, Rollin something etc. Go's without saying! Bizlimpkit equals garbage. I know thats off tarket but it fealt good saying it!

:heh:

spacebeer said:
LOL indeed, I thought they were more of a cover band with the Bush, Cannagio and Vera line up.....
I don't know if I'd call this lineup a "cover band", but I get what your saying. Technically, they were closer to it than the classic lineup. (By the way, I love both lineups!):kickass:

"but how much control do bands have in picking their opening act on a major tour??"
100% control. Rob hand picked us and paid us what we wanted. Halford and Tipton picked us for Priest. Mustaine wanted us on the whole Gigantour and we said no.
I don't know where Tom gets his info from or why he would choose to be negative without facts. I also don't know why they continually talk shit and then are nice to my face. Why do Tom and Kerry feel the need to even mention us? I have my opinions about the new Slayer record and I don't feel the need to call Revolver and do an interview about it good or bad. Who gives a fuck? We did better business over the 136 reunion shows tix and merch wise than we have since SOWN and in Europe even better. The crowd is younger as well. The LA show last week is my case in point. 2 sold out shows in LA in 8 months and all kids who I bet most of didn't know that it was a reunion tour. Oh, and we couldn't get an offer for Download until the reunion. Whatever. Am I wasting my time posting here? Maybe. I just want to get the facts straight. BigPhat rules.

Black ThirteenI don't know where Tom gets his info from or why he would choose to be negative without facts. I also don't know why they continually talk shit and then are nice to my face. Why do Tom and Kerry feel the need to even mention us? I have my opinions about the new Slayer record and I don't feel the need to call Revolver and do an interview about it good or bad. Who gives a fuck?[/QUOTE said:
I hear ya! I've had a lot of "friends" like this in my life who act cool when you're in the room and then talk shit when you're gone. It's tough to see this as a fan of both bands, but it definetely reflects worse on them than you!

Black Thirteen said:
.... I wasting my time posting here? Maybe. I just want to get the facts straight. BigPhat rules.

I was hoping you might pop in here sooner or later to clear the air. It's always appreciated! In my opinion this reunion is as much about "reintroducing" the band to a new audience as much as giving the oldest fans what they wanted one more time. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say. Outside of the cheap shots by the guys in Slayer that started this lame thread, I personally have read and heard nothing but great things. I'm curious why they would feel the need to slag on other bands from era, when they should be supporting them. Lame.

I hate threads like this, because it's an example of how the Internet can be totally lame. It's like gossip queens running around making shit-up just to create some "drama" at other peoples expense. Now everybody's going "whoa, what's going on?" instead of "KICK ASS ANTHRAX IS BACK ON TOUR!"

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

spacebeer said:
COVER my ass dude - where was your mullet thru all the thrax lign ups - you kids need to chill and you mispelled Rob's name.

Space you're cool just chill like I tell the Joey B haters too.

I still listen to Anthrax at least once a week, if not more. I couldn't care less how popular they are. If they are not as popular as other bands, it has it's advantages e.g I don't have to mortguage my house in order to pay for a concert ticket.

Black Thirteen said:
"but how much control do bands have in picking their opening act on a major tour??"
100% control. Rob hand picked us and paid us what we wanted. Halford and Tipton picked us for Priest. Mustaine wanted us on the whole Gigantour and we said no.
I don't know where Tom gets his info from or why he would choose to be negative without facts. I also don't know why they continually talk shit and then are nice to my face. Why do Tom and Kerry feel the need to even mention us? I have my opinions about the new Slayer record and I don't feel the need to call Revolver and do an interview about it good or bad. Who gives a fuck? We did better business over the 136 reunion shows tix and merch wise than we have since SOWN and in Europe even better. The crowd is younger as well. The LA show last week is my case in point. 2 sold out shows in LA in 8 months and all kids who I bet most of didn't know that it was a reunion tour. Oh, and we couldn't get an offer for Download until the reunion. Whatever. Am I wasting my time posting here? Maybe. I just want to get the facts straight. BigPhat rules.

Thanks Scott :headbang:
You are wasting your time posting here, especially about Slayer. It'll probably just end up on blabbermouth anyway. Headline: "Anthrax/Slayer fued".
I just can't understand why Slayer continually bash Anthrax, especially KK. It goes as far back as V8, I remember him telling Paul it sucked.
All the young kids coming up today just like Slayer because it's cool to like this really "brutal" band. You can be as brutal as you want. If you don't have songs, you don't have anything.
Maybe Kerry should listen to WCFYA again and learn about songs.

Black Thirteen said:
Am I wasting my time posting here? Maybe. I just want to get the facts straight.

You are wasting your time posting here, the people who keep talking shit will keep talking shit whether they know the facts or not. They call themselves fans but keep chipping with crap comments but what is the point of that, they ain't gonna change your mind about what happens within Anthrax.

And as for Slayer, they were good 10-15 years ago but Anthrax still sound fresh and exciting, well to me they do.

DumbAss said:
I personally would rather see Anthrax call it a day.... but I don't think that was their only choice.

You would? I dont know. Its all just bitter sweet to me. Just like it was when Joey went and John came in. Got over that too after hearing a killer record. Same can happen here if you give it a chance.

Dredd74 said:
I don't know, Anthrax used to be pretty extreme live, but Slayer filled the Aragon Ballroom here in Chicago a month ago, and Anthrax still had tickets available for their show at the club in Mokena, IL. So Slayer seems to be doing something right.

There was a "Slayer" chant going before Anthtrax hit the satge at the Mokena show. I never cared for Slayer.....

spacebeer said:

Do cover bands exist that contain founding members of the band they are covering? :Smug:

Originally Posted by spacebeer

i think they recorded more cover songs (onto actuall album releases) with joey and danny.

i thought blood hound gang was the joke metal band anyways.