Finally bought that Guitar Port...

Rendclaw

Wrathchild Panther
Mar 29, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
www.tigrez.com
I spoiled myself a little bit and bought the Guitar Port... got it running and have gotten some really good guitar tones... Also got Audacity to work with it and have the ability to record... now all I need to do is get the cam to work with it, and poof, instant vids on youtube.

I know you have one, Jenna, any tips on getting good sounds? I did download a "wasted years" distortion sound, but its lacking something. Someone did a Hetfield Distortion, and it sounds incredible...

Jenna,

It sounds as if you are not using the correct driver to record from.

Its a royal pain in the ass to setup correctly and I find the ASIO drivers dont work well with other software.

I use Ntrack recording studio and Guitar port they seem to fint together well once I figured out how to setup the drivers and the levels.

The packs for the guitar effects are quite expensive and I wouldnt bother with them. Just play around with what yo have available. Different amps, fdifferent speakers and you can adjust the position of the mic to speaker.

I find that for metal the sandman and blizzard are the best tones.

Jenna,

It sounds as if you are not using the correct driver to record from.

Its a royal pain in the ass to setup correctly and I find the ASIO drivers dont work well with other software.

I use Ntrack recording studio and Guitar port they seem to fint together well once I figured out how to setup the drivers and the levels.

The packs for the guitar effects are quite expensive and I wouldnt bother with them. Just play around with what yo have available. Different amps, fdifferent speakers and you can adjust the position of the mic to speaker.

I find that for metal the sandman and blizzard are the best tones.

I'm not really bothered about recording cos I suck anyway!! :lol: And what do you expect using a free recording program. ;)

It records bass pretty good tho! :D

I'm not really bothered about recording cos I suck anyway!! :lol: And what do you expect using a free recording program. ;)

It records bass pretty good tho! :D

I was playing around last night and the guitar and bass are fine. But try and record vocals through it and your gonna hit a wall of pain.

And now as I type this my sound card is playing static through my speakers!!!! Arrrgghhhhhh