Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Damage Done

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Character

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Fiction

Votes: 19 14.4%

• Total voters
^ Exposures is not an album. We all love them all, but choose your favourite one.

from Wiki ...
"An album is a collection of related audio or music tracks distributed to the public. The most common way is through commercial distribution, although smaller artists will often distribute directly to the public by selling their albums at live concerts or on their web sites.

The tracks on an album may be related by subject, mood or sound, and may even be designed to express a unified message or tell a story (as in the case of a concept album), or the tracks may simply represent a convenient grouping of recordings made at one time or place, or recordings whose commercial rights are controlled by a single record label. A group of audio tracks is considered to be an album if it has a generally consistent track list (often with minor differences or bonus tracks in different territories, or if the album is "reissued" at different times). An album may be released in a single format, such as on compact disc, or in multiple media formats, ranging from physical ones such as CDs, DVD audio, cassettes and vinyl records, to digital ones such as MP 3 and AAC files or streaming audio."

Exposures ... disc(album) 1 rare, live and unreleased tracks
disc(album) 2 live in Poland
If Exposures is not an album or 2 WTF is it?

btw, Dhanie, we don't have to choose as we have free will
what are you on some sort of power trip trying to order/tell us what to do?

I can't choose, every album is unique to me because it's connected with different events and different feelings, and thus i feel it would be unfair to favour one over the others. Fiction stands out a bit as a voting option, but that's only because it's more fresh. So i'll wait a bit before casting my vote.

Skydancer is the best DT album and the first person who wants to say otherwise claiming it's a matter of opinion and they have free will or a life-size statue of a walrus is gonna be sorry. It's called iron-y for a reason, you know.

Regarding Exposures.. well it's a compilation.. which IS an album of sorts.. but since it's basically just a collection of leftover tracks (good as they may be) it seems only fair that it be left out of the poll, don't you think?

Personally, I don't know.. I guess I'll have to go through all of the albums and make up my mind..

Regarding Exposures.. well it's a compilation.. which IS an album of sorts.. but since it's basically just a collection of leftover tracks (good as they may be) it seems only fair that it be left out of the poll, don't you think?

It can stay as long as it's "best dt release" poll. For the albums - that won't be accurate.

Always and forever: The Gallery is the best metal album ever recorded.

Projector.

Where I find the music to be a its creative best, with just the right amounts of everything. Great recording, awesome drums, bass, guitars...just everything seems to have fallen right into place to create a DT masterpiece. This is one if not the most mature offering of melodic death metal there is.

Also and this is a matter of pure subjectivity: the sound of the guitars on this album is one of the best I've ever heard.

re the Exposures dilemma: Well it's a compilation and not a full-length release of songs written and recorded within a specific period of time. It isn't and shouldn't be a part of the poll.

The Mind's I is the best DT album and the first person who wants to say otherwise claiming it's a matter of opinion and they have free will or a life-size statue of a walrus is gonna be sorry. It's called iron-y for a reason, you know.
Since your irony is no match for my ironyng board, I have taken the liberty of fixing your post. I know you will resent me at first, but one day, my dear fellow, you shall thank me and be glad.

Gallery is their best album. Everyone has their favorite, but the Gallery is their masterpiece. They're a great band but I think that they've had a hard time living up to that album (and the band has released at least two or three great albums since).

Edit: Haven will probably get 0 votes but I think it's one of those great albums. ;)

Skydancer is the best DT album and the first person who wants to say otherwise claiming it's a matter of opinion and they have free will or a life-size statue of a walrus is gonna be sorry. It's called iron-y for a reason, you know.

I'm surprised that someone will choose Skydancer over The Gallery, very interesting choice.

Projector.

Where I find the music to be a its creative best, with just the right amounts of everything. Great recording, awesome drums, bass, guitars...just everything seems to have fallen right into place to create a DT masterpiece. This is one if not the most mature offering of melodic death metal there is.

Also and this is a matter of pure subjectivity: the sound of the guitars on this album is one of the best I've ever heard.

re the Exposures dilemma: Well it's a compilation and not a full-length release of songs written and recorded within a specific period of time. It isn't and shouldn't be a part of the poll.

I like Projector a lot too, but I don't think I'd choose as the best album.

I'm glad most people understand that Exposures is not an album :rolleyes: .

I'm not surprised that TG is winning, most people think it's their best. I'm surprised though, that Damage Done has only 1 vote. And it's kind of sad that Haven has none :( :p .

I'll vote for The Gallery for two reasons:
a) it contains my all-time favourite song, Lethe.
b) if The Gallery wins, the band will be pissed off that people still think it's their best album, even though they probably thought that with Fiction they finally topped it, so they'll be forced to try even harder and thus make the next album a killer one. :D